Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just did it. I came back from my Ford Dealer and leased a new 06' Ford Mustang GT. Its black, and has the dark charcoal with red interior, 5-speed automatic transmission, 18'' premium alluminum wheels, Shaker-500 system, and the charcoal amuminum instrument panel to match the interior. Sound good? I think so. Cant wait till I get it.


and just so you know, I test-drove the BMW 330xi
Honda Civic ex and also of course
Mustang GT.

I loved the mustang and the BMW, but the price of the Mustang is what ultimately swayed me to go with it.


(whoops messed up on the word Mustang, changed it now).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Dang Nolo, you finally did it. :thumbup You'll love it. Just hope that you don't want to mod it down the road, cause you can't with a lease unless you plan to either buy it or return it in its original factory state. Otherwise have fun with it man, and oh yeah one last piece of advice ... get an escort 8500 (not that i'm advising to speed :laughlitt )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
All right, Nolo! Congrats...you made the BEST choice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Patience?!? said:
Dang Nolo, you finally did it. :thumbup You'll love it. Just hope that you don't want to mod it down the road, cause you can't with a lease unless you plan to either buy it or return it in its original factory state. Otherwise have fun with it man, and oh yeah one last piece of advice ... get an escort 8500 (not that i'm advising to speed :laughlitt )
Nah, I dont plan to mod it at all. Thats one of the reasons I leased.


Btw, whats an escort 8500? A kind of radar for cops. Dont think Ill need it since I dont drive fast that often.

One thing I am curious about though. I test drove a manual trans mustang, but ordered an automatic because I like it better. Is there a difference in the sound of the transmission when itslike speeding up? I hope not, and if there is, I hope its not that different. I love the sound. I dont mean to sound like a showoff, but I hope this gets the attention of a lot of people. As a middle child, I really seek that extra attention. lol:eyepoppin Im so happy!!! I want it now!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
Congrats. You'll get more looks with the Mustang. You'll see!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Lease

Back in June 2005 a Local Ford Dealer wanted to charge me $600 a month for 3-years what kind of deal are you getting now?

nolo451 said:
I just did it. I came back from my Ford Dealer and leased a new 06' Ford Mustang GT. Its black, and has the dark charcoal with red interior, 5-speed automatic transmission, 18'' premium alluminum wheels, Shaker-500 system, and the charcoal amuminum instrument panel to match the interior. Sound good? I think so. Cant wait till I get it.


and just so you know, I test-drove the BMW 330xi
Honda Civic ex and also of course
Mustang GT.

I loved the mustang and the BMW, but the price of the Mustang is what ultimately swayed me to go with it.


(whoops messed up on the word Mustang, changed it now).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I wonder....the following question gets posted in both a Mustang and a Civic forum: "Should I buy a Ford Mustang or a Honda Civic?" Mustang forum: "Screw the Civic, but a Mustang!" Civic forum: "Screw the Civic, buy a Mustang!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
snogoldi said:
Back in June 2005 a Local Ford Dealer wanted to charge me $600 a month for 3-years what kind of deal are you getting now?

Whoah, are you serious?

I got a $444/month for 24 months. For the down payment I paid $4,000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
nolo451 said:
Whoah, are you serious?

I got a $444/month for 24 months. For the down payment I paid $4,000.
THE REST OF THE STORY !!!
I ordered a 2005 Legend Lime GT and got laided-off at the job. So I reordered the same in a 2006 version. When it came in the dealer wanted $600 a month for 3-years to lease it. He wanted to charge me $33,600 which was $2300 over MRSP. I told him to keep the the car. A few monthes later Ford came out with the Pony Package. God it looked just like my 1965 GT Couple. Mind you Iam a old man and I have to think about stupid stuff like paying off the mortgage before I retire. My V6 Pony cost $22,555 its windveil blue my wifes color. I didn't get the color but I got my Fourth Stang. I'm Happy!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
CONGRATS!!..THE A.F.M. FORUM GUYS SAVE ANOTHER LOST SOUL FROM GOING TO RICERVILLE!!...shouldn't we get some sort of commission from ford??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
Welcome aboard nolo, we are waiting to hear your kills, weekend drives, and other people's comments on your new ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
nolo451 said:
I just did it. I came back from my Ford Dealer and leased a new 06' Ford Mustang GT. Its black, and has the dark charcoal with red interior, 5-speed automatic transmission, 18'' premium alluminum wheels, Shaker-500 system, and the charcoal amuminum instrument panel to match the interior. Sound good? I think so. Cant wait till I get it.
GOOD CHOICE!! And I also mean the particular vehicle. Mine is the exact 05 of yours except manual instead of auto & 17" premium wheels. I love my GT. Can't wait until you get yours and can start telling us all how great it is & posting some pics.
Hope the wait is short.
Mach 73
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
nolo451 said:
Whoah, are you serious?

I got a $444/month for 24 months. For the down payment I paid $4,000.
Dang nolo, that payment still seems high to me. My payment is that much on a loaded GT coupe (minus shaker 1000, and auto) and i put nothing down, and i'm buying the thing ... oh well. And as for the 8500 ... yeah it's a radar detector ... I've had a ton of different brands ... and none compare. So, good luck on the not speeding too much part ;). And one last thing, as for the sound, it's not the transmission that will do it. It's all about the headers, exhaust, and mufflers that make your sound (mostly mufflers). So, you will still get the same sound coming from your car as mine ... go fast = loud sound ... go slow = don't know what kind of sound that makes ... never done it :laughlitt
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top