Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Im 16 and my father said he would maybe let me get a tattoo. I really want a mustang tattoo. Im thinking of putting it on my upper right back below my shoulder. I found this one online. Its a chevy one but my idea is to replace the chevy bowtie with a mustang pony (color= american flag faded into a checkered flag) and replacing the "Chevrolet" with mustang. I personally think this would look sweet but i was just trying to get some of your opinions. Thanks. Also if you have any other ideas please let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
When you're 80 someday, are you sure you want a big ass tat on your wrinkly arm?

Tats can affect job positions.

You might not like Mustangs forever.

Just some stuff to think about. :p

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
that sounds like a pretty sweet idea have you gone to anybody to have them draw it up for you? i got a tattoo on the back of my right shoulder last year in the end of the summer.. sounds like a good place.. it shouldnt stretch too much over the years. just make sure you really want it. dont get a tattoo just to get a tattoo make sure its a design that you really want and will be happy with for years to come. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I havent gone to anyone to have it drawn up. Also I am having it done on my back so it shouldnt affect any future jobs because it wont be seen with my shirt on.

·
Registered
288 Posts
bro as sick as that would be i have to agree with everyone dont get a mustang tat its just my opionon but if i got a tat it would be of something meaning full not my car, like someone really important in your life

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm very pro ink
but I have to ask why
the 13 stars aren't in a circle
that's not art that's trailerpark

just wait till you're older
These are better..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dude, I got a tattoo when I was 17.. And I really wish I hadn't. Your situation is a little different because yours is somewhat pre-meditated, but I would seriously consider waiting at least a year. If you still want it then, then get it. Don't jump up at the chance to get a tattoo because your dad says yes today. They are forever, as someone already said. And it'll be cool for a while but if one day you decide you don't like it. Well, too bad. You're stuck. I have two tattoos with that story, trust me. Wait and really think it through.

As far as the idea goes though, doesn't sound like a bad idea, I would work on doing a little more to it to make it your own instead of just slightly changing a tattoo you found on the internet.

Good luck

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Dude, I got a tattoo when I was 17.. And I really wish I hadn't. Your situation is a little different because yours is somewhat pre-meditated, but I would seriously consider waiting at least a year. If you still want it then, then get it. Don't jump up at the chance to get a tattoo because your dad says yes today. They are forever, as someone already said. And it'll be cool for a while but if one day you decide you don't like it. Well, too bad. You're stuck. I have two tattoos with that story, trust me. Wait and really think it through.

As far as the idea goes though, doesn't sound like a bad idea, I would work on doing a little more to it to make it your own instead of just slightly changing a tattoo you found on the internet.

Good luck
+1 good idea u can never wait too long making a decision to get a tattoo gotta be 100% positive that you want that and that you'll be happy with it forever

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the input. I do know and have been thinking about it for a while and would be happy with this tattoo on my body, even when im an old man lol. I actually did take some of you guys' advice and drew it up myself. This is a rough sketch and done by me with little artistic skill lol so it would look alot better. Tell me what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honestly man, Coming from a fellow 16 year old, wait a while. I always want something like that and rush out to do it, then realize that I dont really want it. Wait at least a month, if you still want it, then get it. Chances are, you will think of a better idea or not want it at all.

And as mentioned before, an AMerican flag over the car seems trailor trashish. Unless youve had some kinda of personal impact by the army (family in it, going into it, etc.), dont do the flag.

Anyways my .02 cents

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you want to get it: Have a profesional draw you up a sketch. - When going to a Professional, make sure you find an Artist not just any tattooer. :nono: [There's a difference]

If you're not sure to get it: THINK IT OUT. Trust me. As an example of my own.
- I have been thinking of a snake tattoo i want going up my thigh, arching on my hip and continuing on my ribs. Sounds sick right?
- Well, Ive spent the last two years fixing the sketches, and considering all the cons.
- So now, I still want it. Ive spent a lot of money on sketches. BUT in case I change my mind about getting it, I'm not going to let the "money spent" have anything to do with my final choice.

Point is: Don't be impulsive about a tattoo. Take your time. Look around. Get sketches. Once you find one you LOVE. Have it placed. Check it out and don't say YES till you're completely sure. :bigthumbsup

I hope that helped! and make sure you post a Picture if you do it! :shigrin

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
WHY??? WHY??? WHY???

What is going to happen in 20 years when Ford has dropped the Mustang?? Are you going to want to explain to people in 40 years why you have a tattoo that was inspired by your slow V6 that you had at 16?? I am all for tattoo's, I have four, but I think names and car brand tattoo's are kind of stupid. But it is not my body, just my opinion. I say wait until you are 18-19, when you are "slightly" more mature and not just getting one to get one.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
WHY??? WHY??? WHY???

What is going to happen in 20 years when Ford has dropped the Mustang?? Are you going to want to explain to people in 40 years why you have a tattoo that was inspired by your slow V6
good lord, i dont even know where to start with that post...

are you sure your a Ford fan???

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
hmm never thought about that .. i wonder if ford ever will retire the mustang.. sure hope not...

·
Registered
288 Posts
hmm never thought about that .. i wonder if ford ever will retire the mustang.. sure hope not...
i seriously doubt it dude Fords best sellers are the Mustang and the F-150 series so i think they are safe, as long as Ford is around they will keep their best sellers:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
i seriously doubt it dude Fords best sellers are the Mustang and the F-150 series so i think they are safe, as long as Ford is around they will keep their best sellers:bigthumbsup
very true.. i bet if u walk up to any random person on the street and ask them what vehicle they think of when you say ford itd probably be one of those lol im not worried.. just wondering

·
Registered
2,867 Posts

i agree :thumbup:

i seriously doubt FoMoCo is going anywhere anytime soon seeing as how its the only
one of the Big3 who doesnt need a government bailout.

long live the blue oval :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
i agree :thumbup:

i seriously doubt FoMoCo is going anywhere anytime soon seeing as how its the only
one of the Big3 who doesnt need a government bailout.

long live the blue oval :)
true that my friend long live the blue oval, they have been around for about 100 years and im sure they will continue into the future:bigthumbsup

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.