Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, want to start customizing my mustang....would love ideas and pics of what u guys have done. I think I want the interior trimmed in brushed Nicole or stainless Steele look....a custom steering wheel cover and seat covers.
I want to hear a rumble when I start it up but it's a v6 auto....any ideas on this.

Again, ideas welcome and would love to see pics of your work!!!

Thank u!

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's your car you should do what you like to it, but if you would really like some ideas from us I'd be happy to give some but a few pics of the car would be good so we can get an idea of what your working with. From what I can see your car is White so if it were mine the first thing I'd do is add some black to it with a Black out panel between the tail lights a matt black spoiler and window tint.

·
Super Moderator
39,947 Posts
Agree^^the black accents look great.For low cost,replace the stock muffler with a performance one for some sound.

·
Super Moderator
39,947 Posts
Check out YouTube for some soundclips.I have a 2.25 inch duals on mine with an H-Pipe and 40 series Flows on mine,sounds good,but a bit wangy on high rpm,s.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yeah heavy has a good set up, i have the super 44s and they are quieter throughout the rpm range than the 40s and they do not sound like a ricer even with an x-pipe, but who knows i can't listen to it outside the car. Anyway you go stick with a chambered muffler.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I will watch the clips on you tube. If you guess can think of anymore advice I'm all ears. Thanks again!!!
Ps....can u send me pics of your car??? Including pipes.

·
Super Moderator
39,947 Posts
There are some pics in my profile of my 03 GT.The interior pics have the 3m vinyl trim decals.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I paid 703.50 or so mainly because i had a very good exhaust shop do the work. You could probably get it cheeper but i paid for quality and i like it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
If I had a V6 and was going to put exhaust on it I would do what 6stang02 did or I would look on craigslist and find a used GT bumper and have them ran it to match the cutouts. When people put duals on a V6 and have them stick out below the bumper it looks so weird.

·
Registered
201 Posts
White cars always hit hard with a good window tint. Its an easy way to add black to the car. As fad as exhaust be very detailed in your search and listen to plenty clips (w/headfones) to get the best idea of what you'd like yours to sound like. My setup is in my sig and its absolutely amazing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!!!! Yes window tint is coming!!! Unfortunately state of va has tint law of 35%.....sucks!!!!! I'm thinking I will take my chances...lol ...I have been looking around, I think I'm going to work on the interior...I want to change the trim over to carbon and chrome accents....what do u think? I would love to see some pics of people's custom interior for some ideas...I am also looking at decks, I just put in a pioneer but think I'm going to switch it out with a touch screen...just for its size, it will look better. So top of the list...tint, interior and then deck...I welcome any other ideas and pics. Thank u for your responses!!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've been pulled over once in two years for my 10 percent tint and it was very flukish, shouldn't have happened. Its worth it though. If you have the money and time custom interior would be tight. The cleanest v6 stangs 99-04 I've seen all have had wet paint, lowered, staggered wheels that were deep dish in the rear, mach 1 grille delete and dual exhaust. Magnificent combination, hope im not leaving anything out

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much was your ticket for the tint? Yes, very excited about the interior! I will post pics of it when I start.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If I can remember that ticket was 170ish but I doubt you get pulled over the way I did. I was passing up a Louisiana state trooper who was finishing up writing a ticket to someone he pulled over. He hopped in is charger or whatever it was and came and got me. What's crazy is I was in front of another car and i thought he was pulling that car over and to add to that I was like 3 miles from the Louisiana Arkansas border. If I had a GT and woulda known it was that close I woulda scooted on. But like I said that prolly won't happen. Just gotta ride wit ya windows cracked around the piggies, and at night they can't tell the diff anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha! Woooow...yeah I woulda tried to out run that situation too...crazy! Well...I will post pics soon! Keep in touch! Send pics of anything new!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I like that dark silver, it doesn't make it look over done. Some paited interiors look a little to bold for most people likings but it's your car bro so if crome or carbon is your thing go for it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts