Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to say it but the 2009 nissan gtr looks like one badd ass car it will run off of a twin turbo 6 cylyinder engine each engine individually handcrafted and put out over 450 horsepower ithink it said but the downside is the base price is 69000 lol It is comeing to the states soon if any one wants a look its at nissans website. I know this is a mustang website but I love all cars that are fast lol I like the styling of this car too.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
once you get into the $60,000 price range thats kinda like saying that an Enzo Ferrari is a mustang killer. Of course it is, it better be if you paid 1.5 million for it :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
once you get into the $60,000 price range thats kinda like saying that an Enzo Ferrari is a mustang killer. Of course it is, it better be if you paid 1.5 million for it :)
Lol I love the enzo ferrai but even if I had the money they wouldent sell me one because you have to have owned at least three ferraries to own an enzo I bleave lol.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is very true Mark, I judt like looking at the competition and if its decent I dont mind saying so. I would love to see the 2010 mustang get a healthy hp boost. No less than 350 in my opinion 400 would be nice but then you are going to look at a lot of money. Thats the one thing I love about mustang gt they always made it affordable. I can honestly say tha tthe purchase of my 07 gt was the best one I ever made.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
O bye the way I was at str tire getting a steer tire fixed for a kenworth truck at work and while I was in the lobby iwas reading a car magazine and it said that cadiilac plans to stop makeing its v8 north star engine because it is costing the company to much money and just stick with a more fuel efficent six.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
O bye the way I was at str tire getting a steer tire fixed for a kenworth truck at work and while I was in the lobby iwas reading a car magazine and it said that cadiilac plans to stop makeing its v8 north star engine because it is costing the company to much money and just stick with a more fuel efficent six.
thats exactly what a lot of other models will be doing soon. IMO they will start going with a 6 or 4 cylinder engine and if they need it, some F/I to make it have enough UMPH!!!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The 2009 Nissan GT-R looks like one bad ass car. It will run a twin turbo 6 cylyinder engine - each engine individually handcrafted and put out over 450 horsepower. The downside is the base price is $69,000. I like the styling of this car.
Styling is entirely subjective. I think the Nissan GT-R is ugly.

The 3.8 liter twin-turbocharged V6 is rated at 473 hp and 433 lb/ft of torque. Trans is a dual-clutch 6-speed automatic with paddle-shifters mounted on the steering wheel. It needs the stock 20" rims to clear the 15.2" ventilated and cross-drilled Brembo front brakes. Despite a curb weight of 3792 pounds, Nissan claims 0-60 mph at 3.5 seconds with quarter-mile time of 11.7 seconds. I read base MSRP would be low $70Ks, but lots of luck buying one for that - it will be marked up by the dealers just like all the high end limited production performance cars.

·
Registered
626 Posts
From the Autoblog review:

"I step back inside and catch a glimpse of a silver Corvette in the side view mirror. The telltale air intake on the front bumper confirms that the man behind the wheel is an aficionado; it's a C6 Z06 and there's no doubt the driver knows what the GT-R is.

"That's the third one I've seen today," our new friend points out, "What's going on?" I explain that we're doctors of journalism heading out to Reno/Fernley Raceway to wring out the GT-R with the rest of the hacks. "That thing is so over-hyped. Let's see what it can do." With only a few seconds to calibrate my moral compass, he begins counting down. "Three, two, one, GO!" He takes off with a minimum of wheel spin and I lay into the throttle about a half second too late. The GT-R bogs slightly off the line (no time for launch control) and then rockets towards the horizon in chase.

My lame launch put us about ten feet off the Z06's bumper, and with the throttle pegged to the floor, the rear-mounted, dual-clutch gear box runs through the ratios in full automatic mode. Our necks are jolted back at each shift and we can feel our spines forming a valley in the suede-covered buckets. You know the stats; you can do the math. The Z06 is around 3,100 pounds and comes packing 505 hp. The GT-R is down 25 horsepower and is almost 700 pounds heavier. But in defiance of the laws of physics, the distance between us never changes. And it continues down our imaginary quarter-mile before we brake simultaneously and make a quick left into a row of homes to talk shop and take a few photos. "The guys on the 'Vette forum aren't going to believe this," Rich says as he snaps away on his disposable camera. "It's way faster than I would've thought."

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
i expect the first ones to be sold well into the 80k range. because the gt500 is what, 43k MSRP? and it sold for 75k. so thats one heck of an increase in price isn't it....

·
Registered
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wonder how the Shelby Super Snake would fare against this new GTR......

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ofcoarse it has to be turbocharged, in this case, a twin turbo to compete against American Muscle.:hihi:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
DING DING DING!!! For that price, it had better run circles around my car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think you guys need to realize just how good the new GT-R is.

YouTube - Nissan GT-R | Porsche 911 GT3 | BMW M3 [Autocar] - Part 1

YouTube - Nissan GT-R - part2

Not only is this car a pony killer, it's a Porsche, and ZO6 killer too.

ROADandTRACK.com -- Comparison Tests - Comparison Test: Nissan GT-R vs. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. Porsche 911 Turbo (5/2008)

11.3-11.7 in the 1/4 mile depending on whether you use launch control or not and road conditions.
3.3 seconds to 60.
1:56.9 around buttonwillow raceway compared to the 2:02.1 and 2:02.2 from the 911 turbo and ZO6 respectively.

7:38 at Nurburgring beating the Porsche 911 turbos record lap for a production car by 2 seconds, and this gtr record breaking lap was on a damp track mind you.

YouTube - Nissan GT-R runs a 7:38 at Nurburgring

I've always been a Skyline fanboy, next to Mustangs, and the new GT-R is no joke. It's the only car I want more than a Shelby GT500. Just go on youtube and watch the videos of it compared to anything and it is dominating.

Not to mention that Nissan is already working on Nismo R and the return of the V-Spec versions and aftermarket tuning for it. So expect amazing things once you see the boost go from 11.8psi stock to much bigger numbers.

·
Registered
626 Posts
7:38 at Nurburgring beating the Porsche 911 turbos record lap for a production car by 2 seconds, and this gtr record breaking lap was on a damp track mind you.
'Ring times annoy the heck out of me. Who was driving each car? And like you said, track conditions were different (even if the conditions were worse for the GT-R). Let's get a time on the same day, with the same driver after practice laps.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Who gives a ****, its no 'stang and its no 'vette.

Your beloved "nissan gtr" will never be a 40+ year old (and going strong) piece of history in car form.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Another car to add to the list of kill's. Nissan will be

:shocked::surrender::worship

all in that order

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Here is my take on this thread...

:tongue PPPPPFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I didn't buy my Mustang to blow anyone off the road or to show people how much money I can spend. I bought Mustang because there are VERY FEW cars that have it's history and personality. To me, a Mustang is not only a car, it's an icon. Cars like this Nissan GTR thing are more pretentious than anything else.

I'd rather date a really nice woman that still looks great and has a brain than some blonde who looks like she spends 20 hours a day on the stairmaster to look like a model but is a bimbo....lol. That's kind of how I look at it.

When I am cruising in my Mustang convertible with the 60s station blaring, I literally feel like I have stepped into a time machine. None of those other "pony killers" could ever give me that feeling. Ever. If I had one of those cars, I could blow someone off the line but then the thrill is gone. It becomes just like any other 60,000.00 plus car out there.

Not only that, my fuzzy dice would look ridiculous in one of those cars....

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Bimbo's are fun like playing hand ball :handball:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.