Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I've been saving for a year now, but can finally say I'm the proud owner of a new black on black manual v6 stanger :) I decided on the v6 for many reasons and saved extra to get an early start on my mods. Anyway, I've researched and am ready to start getting the CAI/tuner/gears/catback but just want to get your thoughts on best supplier for price+customer service. Right now I'm definitely leaning towards AM, but am open to opinions. And finally, since I know it will likely be around $2k+ I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sources for current and upcoming offers/promo codes that can help me save a little. I've heard there are specials of 10% off at times? Thanks again....

-Murph

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Welcome to the site, American Muscle is a good place to start :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
check Ebay for the best prices, also you have recourse if you get scammed...use paypal...good luck

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I really was not sure if I wanted to do anything to my v6 car. But after reading about tunes and CAI changes, I decided to do it. All I can tell you is I got an Airaid CAI and tuner from American Muscle and I am glad i got them. What the guys on here are saying is true. The tune will transform your car into an entirely different animal. And the CAI sounds great. Well worth it in my opinion.

G

·
AM is Great! Customer service is unbeatable! Look at the different CAIs, JLT & Airaid are (in most peoples opinions) the top 2, and get the tuner combo. Run super unleaded from a top tier gas station with 91/93 octane tunes. Be careful and watch out for cops, because your cars personality will completly change .

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
American Muscle has been great for me... if you are interested in a new shift knob, grabberpony.com is awesome as well however, I think they are going through some financial troubles right now so I would call them to discuss first, but my shifter is my favorite toy so far lol.

CAI
Exhaust
Tune

That's where I think most of us start, I've got the airaid CAI, I'm ordering ROUSH or FRPP exhaust this Friday, and the tune will come next month. Then I plan on doing new wheels, spoiler, and some other stuff.

·
Registered
895 Posts
What ever you decide to do take the time to read and research. Nothing worse than buying something twice!
I'd start with:

• Exhaust
  • Tune
  • Intake
  • Even maybe a shift
  • Suspension
Just my opinion! Good luck and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
405 Posts
WELCOME!
Like all the members been saying on here your first mod or mods have to be:

1)Tuner
2)CAI or K&N drop-in
3)Exhaust
4)Rear Diff Gear Swap
5)Complete exhaust w/headers and Xpipe
6)Suspension (Ford racing, H&R)
7)Wheels
8)Procharger supercharger $5K

All can be found on various sites. Check out American Muscle first bc of their great customer service and variety of aftermarket parts. AM also has 4 stages vids on youtube and on their site that can help guide you to transforming your stang to a beast. Other sites include UPR racing, Lethal Performance, D&G custom, Cervini's, and...............Google. lol Good luck:yup:

·
Registered
491 Posts
CAI and tune is what most people do first. you can search the forums for info on all the products as most of them have a thread dedicated to review and arguments of mines better. Also i dont know if you know this but most mods will probably void your warranty so check with your dealer and see if they are mod friendly. if you dont care though thats even better!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the great advice and information. I've definitely got some research ahead of me to do...have to admit though its the must fun I've ever had reading and researching something :winks Thanks again!

edit: forgot to add, the first thing i actually ordered was a set of OEM leather seat covers. Saw someones post and ordered a set from ebay - can't beat the deal compared to what dealer wanted!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Thank you all for the great advice and information. I've definitely got some research ahead of me to do...have to admit though its the must fun I've ever had reading and researching something :winks Thanks again!

edit: forgot to add, the first thing i actually ordered was a set of OEM leather seat covers. Saw someones post and ordered a set from ebay - can't beat the deal compared to what dealer wanted!
Nice buy! I've been thinking about that myself, I told the wife I want that and/or the strut tower brace as a holiday present... but I'm not really sure if I see myself installing leather myself..

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
My first mod is always window tint. I can't stand being in a car without it. Second, exhaust, because I want to be able to hear my car. Happy modding!

·
Registered
359 Posts
My first mod is always window tint. I can't stand being in a car without it. Second, exhaust, because I want to be able to hear my car. Happy modding!
I think tint is the biggest bang-for-the-buck mod you can do. It instantly takes your car from stock to personal. As for performance mods, it seems like any order of CAI, tune, gears, and exhaust are the next steps.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I think tint is the biggest bang-for-the-buck mod you can do. It instantly takes your car from stock to personal. As for performance mods, it seems like any order of CAI, tune, gears, and exhaust are the next steps.
Very true, I didn't list tint because to me, it's sort of a no brainer.. buy the car, within 48 hours tint then, THEN talk about mods lol.

Living in South Florida without Tint is just ludicrous haha.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Tint + VHT Nite Shades transformed my car to a complete custom look! I just find myself staring at the rear all the time now ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Tint + VHT Nite Shades transformed my car to a complete custom look! I just find myself staring at the rear all the time now ;)
Of course...she's too hot not to!

I have to admit though...I do drive a bit more carefully when a cop is behind me, more carefully than I drove before my tint was below the legal limit :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts