Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone, I've been lurking a while and this seems to be a real helpful place. A couple of months ago I purchased my dream car, 2005 Ford Mustang GT. Since then most things are running fine, only had to replace the alternator and buy a new windscreen wash reservoir. One issue I'm having is that I don't have much history of the vehicle. The wheels aren't stock and I'm unsure where to look at some replacement brake pads. The front right internal one is constantly rattling and it's making my drives unenjoyable.
I'm not really up to speed on car parts etc. I do however believe that I may be missing the clips that hold the pad in place.

Can anyone please tell me how I would identify the wheels and/or the brakes so that I can purchase a replacement and enjoy my driving again without a constant rattle.

Shane, United Kingdom
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
86 GT 347 5 Spd
26 Posts
Any full brake kit (quality) should come with all the clips and necessary hardware to fix that rattling. As far as the wheels goes they look very similar to torque thrust wheels I'm not sure but I think they are Made by American wheels
Also check the center caps sometimes they get a bit loose and will rattle

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
Usually the wheels are stamped on the back with key identifying information such as the manufacturer and size information . . . you need to take one off so you can see the markings on the back. They look like "deep dish bullitt wheels" with custom-painted deep dish rims to me.

I assume the brakes are standard/factory brakes, if you post a close-up where we can see the calipers we can confirm that. Assuming they are the stock brakes, then you can buy the pads anywhere you get auto parts, and they should also have a listing for the shims and clips.

PS -- welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2014 GT, 1967 Fairlane GTA
3,556 Posts
Welcome to the forum Shane.
It looks like someone repainted the whole car 2013/14 Gotta Have It Green and the wheels to match as well. That is unless that color was original in the UK.
Like mentioned check the center cap on that wheel.
In order to identify the brakes you'll need to pull the one wheel off and take a pic for us to identify. Be careful where you jack the car up from though. There are only a few safe spots to jack up the car without damaging it. If possible use a piece of flat piece of wood or rubber between a floor jack and the car as well.

·
Administrator
5,699 Posts

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
another quick thought . . . the rattle might not be coming from the brakes; the sway bar end links are notorious for that, if they are still the originals there is a good chance that they are shot and need to be replaced

·
Super Moderator
8,683 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas. The wheels are aftermarket Bullitt style wheels. I don't recognize the center cap but i guess if you look at some images on Google you will come across a vendor name.

If you find a anti-rattle clip is missing and you want to replace the brake pads, i would consider EBC brakes pads.

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
111 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Texas. The wheels are aftermarket Bullitt style wheels. I don't recognize the center cap but i guess if you look at some images on Google you will come across a vendor name.

If you find a anti-rattle clip is missing and you want to replace the brake pads, i would consider EBC brakes pads.
Thank you for the recommendation!

·
Registered
11,801 Posts
I did not realize EBC was based in Great Britain; that is another advantage for the OP (Shane)

but it looks like he might not be coming back

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
111 Posts
Good afternoon everyone, I've been lurking a while and this seems to be a real helpful place. A couple of months ago I purchased my dream car, 2005 Ford Mustang GT. Since then most things are running fine, only had to replace the alternator and buy a new windscreen wash reservoir. One issue I'm having is that I don't have much history of the vehicle. The wheels aren't stock and I'm unsure where to look at some replacement brake pads. The front right internal one is constantly rattling and it's making my drives unenjoyable.
I'm not really up to speed on car parts etc. I do however believe that I may be missing the clips that hold the pad in place.

Can anyone please tell me how I would identify the wheels and/or the brakes so that I can purchase a replacement and enjoy my driving again without a constant rattle.

Shane, United Kingdom
View attachment 783502
@ShaneEngland88 if you are able to take a photo of the pads I should be able to help you find the right parts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts