Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I just wanted to introduce myself! I just bought my dream car:bounce2:...a 1966 mustang coupe automatic trans with original 289! Shes beautiful but of course does need a little TLC! A few things right off the bat that I KNOW need to be tended to are:
1) Driver side door latch wont latch... mechanism will slide over latch bolt but wont stick...seems either stuck or broke
2) When driving it home yesterday...when she was going from first to second she made a horrible sound and had a long hesitation. Had to baby her. Also, one time when getting on the HWY the excellerator stuck! FUN!
3) when at a stop had to keep reving the engine to keep her going and a couple times she died! NOT fun when line of cars behind us!
4) The battery connector are corroded which is the easiest to fix...and part of why I think she dies so easy...maybe not gettin enough charge.

These are just a few things off the bat I noticed. I didnt expect a fully fixed up car and am totally excited to learn how to fix-r-up:kooky: I have already read a few forums on here and have become very open and eager for any and all advice/recommendations! Cant wait to hear back from anyone! And thanks to all!!! :)

G

·
Welcome to AFM! Post your specific questions in the Classic sections and you'll get some great info. We have some smart guys and gals there. Congrats on the new toy and get some pics up when you get a chance! Working on the classics can be a lot of fun.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Hey! Thanks so much! I do have a lot of questions and am so happy to have found you guys!! I have read a Lot of the forums and have learned so much already! I have already been able to fix my drivers side door latch! Can't wait to hear advice and fix more!! I posted some pics or I think I did. Lol. Might have to work on that! Thanks again!!:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Yours are good looking too! Ok...so sorry for the ignorance but how do I post in the classic car thread? I have a ?? about my air conditioner:) Thanks for the help!

G

·
Thank you!

Classic Mustang Forum | AllFordMustangs.com

When you click on the main forums tab you'll see all the forum options we have. Up above here I included the classic sections link so you can click on it and find it fast. There is essentially a Talk and a Tech section. Just post in the appropriate section and you'll get good info. You can use the search function as well and turn up existing threads where people have asked the same or similar questions. Holler if you need help.. There's a lot here so it can be overwhelming at first.
:bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts