Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
---Just got in it today, and oh boy it feels good to be back :) well, immediately i noticed differences between the Z and the mustang, alot of them were opposite of what i expected.

What i didn't expect: the Z has much more torque from low rpms, around 50mph in a high gear. odd right?

-As the rpms grow, torque on the mustang grows and grows until it passes that of the z's. the 07 Z was supposed to have 90% of its torque available from 2k rpms, so i guess i should have expected this.

-in first and second gear, the mustang scared me just a little.

-the new mustang handles WAY better then i thought it would. not as good as the z, but damn good nonetheless IMO.

Verdict-- NO REGRETS AT ALL.

the pics will tell the rest!
---Just got in it today, and oh boy it feels good to be back :) well, immediately i noticed differences between the Z and the mustang, alot of them were opposite of what i expected.

What i didn't expect: the Z has much more torque from low rpms, around 50mph in a high gear. odd right?

-As the rpms grow, torque on the mustang grows and grows until it passes that of the z's. the 07 Z was supposed to have 90% of its torque available from 2k rpms, so i guess i should have expected this.

-in first and second gear, the mustang scared me just a little.

-the new mustang handles WAY better then i thought it would. not as good as the z, but damn good nonetheless IMO.

Verdict-- NO REGRETS AT ALL.

the pics will tell the rest!

cars.com

thats the actual link to the car on cars.com. dont know how long it will be up there.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Congrats and welcome back that dident take long lol. Is that a stage 1 roush i dont see a supercharger on it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Never mind iclicked the link and say the description of the vechicle it is a stage 1 but still awsome all you need to do is get a roush charger and change that stage 1 badge to a stage 2 or 3 roush sells them too.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
If ya put the roushcharger on it change it to stage 3, stage 2 is just the suspension and body kit. Nice car man.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Very, very nice. Congratulations.:bigthumbsup
I like the color keyed seats. That's a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Great looking car there Sal!

I dig that interior!

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
That intake looks like a BBk to me. Glad to see you back and Roush are my favorite type of S197 of all :) I'd love to get my hands on one. They just look even cooler than a base GT which looks so darn cool to begin with :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awesum Stang!!!:gringreen

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh thanks guys. im gonna be honest, i came from a fast car (07 z350) but this car...will keep me entertained speed wise for a LONG time. And im glad it does, because My pockets are too empty for a roush charger. haha.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I must compliment you sir on your excellent taste in motorcars! :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Whiteangel How have you been? been a while :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Very nice car congats. Welcome back.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Salvatorey;998861[B said:
New owner of 2006 Screaming Yellow Roush.[/B]
Very nice. And your local police probably won't even notice you driving around the area, since your new car looks like such a sleeper. Oops!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.