Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to impart any advice on me for the mustang I bought a couple weeks ago. Nothings wrong with it (and I hope it stays that way for a while), but I was wondering what tips anyone might have for maintaining appearance, problems anyone might have with this year, or any other tidbits that might help keep the car running great. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Welcome to the board. Those are pretty resilient cars for the most part. Any mods? That will be the first bug that hits ya lol.

I see your in Ohio not to awful far from me.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Take it one mod at a time.
Enjoy each mod before adding the next one.
Do power mods a little bit at a time and learn to use it before adding more.
Don't try to be the fastest car. There will always be a faster one out there.

Be foolishly smart when being dangerously safe. You'll know what it means when the time comes.

Welcome aboard! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
777 Posts
Congrats on the new stang. I also just bought a 2007 GT 2 weeks ago. Must have mods are gears if you anything less then 3.55s, CAI and tune.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
:welcomewagon: Welcome to AFM. There really aren't any issues with our cars except most of us can't seem to stop making them faster. Once the new wears off it will most likely bite you too, it's viral. Have fun and enjoy your American icon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Ford publishes Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) to their dealers for common, re-occurring issues for all their vehicles. They can be found for this platform on this site here:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010-mustang-gt-tech/69270-s197-mustang-tsb-list.html

My top 10 list of issues I see popping up on this site and in my own experience, not modifed related, in no particular order would be:

- Rough idle / engine performance issues caused by dirty throttle body, MAF, fuel filter
- Hesitation under certain conditions caused by bad fuel pump
- Diodes failing in alternator causing bogus sensor codes in the PCM
- Power Window Issues
- Water Intrusion Into the Cabin - (Check under your carpet for moisture)
- Stepper Motors in Instrument Cluster going bad
- Erratic Fuel Gauge Readings due to contaminated fuel sender unit
- Spark Plugs breaking off in the heads when attempting removal (Make sure to follow the TSB if you ever change your plugs.)
- Vibrations
- Rear-end noises

As far a maintaining your vehicle, I'd suggest you keep your throttle body clean using a throttle body cleaner, your MAF sensor clean using a MAF cleaner, and change your fuel filter every 15K miles. Follow the maintenance schedule for everything else and you should be fine.

Throw a Cold Air Intake (CAI) on and tune into your PCM and you will wake your pony up!

-Stangstta

·
Registered
29 Posts
The mustangs like mods...see my signature. I got mine in June with 27k miles, have put just under 3k miles and have had zero problems and hundreds of ear to ear smiles! For appearance clay bar it and use a good quality wax. Enjoy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats on the new mustang, hope you love yours as much as we love ours:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats! I also got my 05 Mustang GT about two weeks ago, October 11th to be exact, its my first car and I'm in love :)
It came with a Spectre CAI, so my first mod will probably be the wheels/tires(if thats considered a mod?) because it came with 20inch chrome wheels, they look nice but they're just not my style.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Great to have you along for the ride, enjoy the site

·
Registered
21 Posts
You will love your new car. I am now on my third stang ( 1970, 1997, 2009) and am more than happy. My only regret is that winter will be here in about 4 weeks and I will have to put it away.

My only issue so far has been the lower control arms and ball joints, which were replaced ( TSB 09-24-16 ).

You will know you are hooked when the mods start

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.