Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I wanted a fixer-upper car to tinker with. He wanted something that was a bit more "muscle-y" and I just wanted a convertible!

I actually wanted something a little more "boxy" and 80s. So, when we found a 1986 Mustang on Craigslist for $600 we were thrilled. Seems to have been sitting for awhile in someone's yard. Red with white leather interior and a new white top. But it is going to need some work. I need to call my cousin who works on cars and drop it by for a little TLC.

I am very excited about it. Needs some engine work, but we were able to drive it home, so that is good.

Weird question: Do you have to "unhook" anything before putting the top down, or should you just be able to hit the top switch and it does it all itself? I can't figure out how to get the top down and am just hoping I am missing something and that the button is not broken.

Please bear with my stupid questions. I really know nothing about cars but I am so excited to get my Mustang working and cruising soon! First I just want to get it running smoothly and get the top down. Then we will work on customizing it here and there!

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome check out the classic section for some help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
generally most convertible tops have a handle that you pull out on each side to release it from the windsheild and then push the button and the motor should bring the top down(sometime hidden behind the headliner(usually velcrow headliners-but i never looked at a mustang convertible before)

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :myhappydance: :happydancer:​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.