Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we started last fall with some black leather armrests for the 05-09, the guys that have been around have seen my past pics, but then winter boat and truck seats came early and stayed late into this year.

now that they are all done we have started again and improved the armrest by adding some padding to them and have bought a supply of top quality black leather and pad. i was really happy with just the leather but with the thin padding the double stitching looks even better, and really feels good under the arm and is a awesome improvement.

there is no glueing involved, carefull fitting is, but overall the install is easy, and removal is too. also made a couple leather shifter boots, but the install is tricky. i cant post prices or sell on the forums but pm me for details if interested. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looks sharp...

Is it the same leather as in the 2012s?
Can you still open the console?

If the answer to both of those is yes, PM me ordering details please.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks sharp...

Is it the same leather as in the 2012s?
Can you still open the console?

If the answer to both of those is yes, PM me ordering details please.
sorry curr, they will only fit the 05-09. i think they changed for the 10`s. and yes the cover( lid) opens and functions fine. this sheet of leather is not a heavy grained leather, not sure whats in the 12`s. i`m gonna have to make a bunch of these just to cover materials, and i need to see how these work out for people first.

but down he road, might be able to make one for the newer cars, but would have to get a lid, and custom work a pattern. try to match materials if they are different. not ready for that quite yet.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just received my leather armrest from Mike (amustangrocks) and I've got to say the quality is outstanding, the price is very reasonable, and the installtion, although requiring a little muscle power, went very smooth. THANK YOU MIKE, my right elbow is enjoying the softest leather this side of Italy. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
320 Posts
I want one!!!!! How can I get one?????????????????

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just bought one!!!! I'll let everone know how it turns out
Danny

·
Registered
466 Posts
Danny
You won't be sorry. Mike also provides very detailed photo instructions so even a nerdbomber like me can install.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Its a very easy install. Did it myself in about ten minutes.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Danny
danny you should have it any day now. ive been looking at some other covers online, and without a dought, this is a premium cover for a great price :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got the cover yeaterday and installed it in about 10 mins, I LOVE it! thanks Mike for the fast shipping! I feel that everyone should get one of these padded console arm rest cover:kooky:

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the cover yeaterday and installed it in about 10 mins, I LOVE it! thanks Mike for the fast shipping! I feel that everyone should get one of these padded console arm rest cover:kooky:
thanks, thats great to hear danny and your welcome. it is pretty sweet if i do say so myself, so much nicer than the molded plastic. i have to agree, i think everyone would dig it :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Could you make a pocket for the back of the passenger seat? I miss having that to put my sunshade in. My 2000 had it but when I got my 05 i went to stick my sunshade there and nothing was there..... :p

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could you make a pocket for the back of the passenger seat? I miss having that to put my sunshade in. My 2000 had it but when I got my 05 i went to stick my sunshade there and nothing was there..... :p
thats a good idea and i`ll run it past the boss when she gets home tonight. i just fold mine up and shove it behind the drivers seat :D

i havent been posting in the last week or so much because ive been setting up a .com site. i`m hoping by the end of this week i`ll have a website up and running, then i can post the link without fear of selling on the forums.

i only have the armrests for sale in the store page, and i`ll get the shifter boots added asap. she`s wanting to do the dash covers and a couple other things so it will be a work in progress for a while. as a mom and pop shop, i`ll need some support from my afm brothers and sisters to get it going, but i`ll be able to reach out to web searches, other forums, maybe ebay ect.

i`ll post as soon as i get it published :shiny:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I do that too but it feels messy lol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts