Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ordered up a bunch of suspension parts this week, and my new supercharger parts and tune should be in today as well.

Got: LCA's, relocation brackets, Adj. UCA, Adj. Panhard bar, Torque limiters, and a shorty antenna (hehe it was on sale).

Also got my boost gauge and an Aeroforce gauge coming as well.

All told it was about $900 for everything.. bought from 3 different vendors, only paid for shipping on 2 parts (one of them AM was out of stock, the other I couldn't find anywhere with free shipping).

Today the new snout for the KB should be in, so I can stop leaking oil all over that shiny manifold, and the new experimental tune from their tuner will be here as well.

Gonna be a busy week, and to top it off I have a 4th of July party with 35 people on Saturday..

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
and the new experimental tune from their tuner will be here as well.

you got some big uhhhh politically incorrect testicles

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
experimental tune on a customer car lol

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
awesome stuff you there... im excited for you!

but the heck are the torque limiters for? i tried to understand them before but i didnt get it:so

feel like a dumbass asking about it but I just dont understand how TL works even after googling it:headscratch:

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
awesome stuff you there... im excited for you!

but the heck are the torque limiters for? i tried to understand them before but i didnt get it:so

fell like a dumbass asking about it but I just dont understand how TL works even after googling it:headscratch:
when you stomp on your engine it rocks

the shiffters are mounted to the body of the cars
so when the engine is under load it may move to the right. going from 2-3 your changeing planes, the trans shifter and engien arent ligned up right and wont shift.

a TL stops the engine from moveing.

so your 2-3 stays in line

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Sounds like you have much to do. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
when you stomp on your engine it rocks

the shiffters are mounted to the body of the cars
so when the engine is under load it may move to the right. going from 2-3 your changeing planes, the trans shifter and engien arent ligned up right and wont shift.

a TL stops the engine from moveing.

so your 2-3 stays in line
Ahhh okay i think i get it a little better now... still confused though. But atleast I get what they do now sort of.

But bear with me a little....So are you saying that you cant make the shift from 2-3 sometimes under heavy acceleration and miss due to the engine moving a little?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Ahhh okay i think i get it a little better now... still confused though. But atleast I get what they do now sort of.

But bear with me a little....So are you saying that you cant make the shift from 2-3 sometimes under heavy acceleration and miss due to the engine moving a little?

thats right.

so i made my own
but it bolts to the trans, and then to a bar that connets the subframes up front

for manuals only

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.