Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight at the drag strip I finally Finally FINALLY figured out how to launch this damn thing. It was all the psi of the tires. once i figured it out I could launch out of the hole like a bat out of hell. I ran with mickey thompsons, 275 40 17's. I ran a 13.047 @105. thats a new best for me. I know I can hit 12's but it will have to wait till next week. when I'm powershifting how bad does it hurt me that im hitting the rev limiter everytime? i dont take my foot off the gas i just stab the clutch and for a slight second it hits the lmiter. you can see it in the vid i'm going to post below. anyway just thought id share the good news! I ran a 13 flat. woot!

IMG_0790.mp4 video by fasha1 - Photobucket

Attachments

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Real nice pass dude. It sounded like there was a little bog going into 3rd from the limiter. Of course you know every fraction of a second helps.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Try short shifting (shifting a little sooner) as to allow for the rpm jump when powershifting. Hitting the limiter is hurting you.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Like Reese said try shifting a little earlier as hitting that rev limiter is hurting you. Also play with the psi a little more as you can bring that 60' down a little more and be consistently in the 12's.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I noticed in the video also that......yes, you are powershifting but you are late with it (still like Granny!:hihi:) Get that technique down a little better. Still good though....don't get me wrong.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
234 Posts
congrats on a great run

1 - 7 of 7 Posts