Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my battery replaced in my camera and decided to snap a couple of "dirty" engine shots featuring my freshly painted valve covers. Was going to go powdercoated but teh shop was like 4-5 weeks out and since my dealership was being so kind as to wait for them AND install my Steeda UDPs for me at no charge i figured i shouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth and make them wait.Car sure is dirty from being left inside at the dealership and will get the engine bay and outside of the car spotless again this week. Also had them paint the alternator bracket too while they were at it.Cant really see it but I know its there,lol. Golly ned,i sure cant handle seeing my car with a 1/4 inch of dust on it,spare me MrV,youll never see it like this again.Next up,is the steel braided hoses,looks plain jane since i took the covers off everything. Had them done in car color G2 Redfire.Brent

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks good. I like the red on the engine.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
Sweet looking! I'm jealous!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Looks great, Brent. It's amazing what a little color can do.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very nice looking. Dig the Redfire (of course). If you want to add more red, I saw some billet fuel rails that you could get in either blue or red. Can't remember exactly where though. I would get them, but you can't see my fuel rails since I have covers over them.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That looks fantastic. Keep it up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Man, I would do the same but I don't think black would pop quite like that red. Looks amazing!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Very nice!

Does anyone have polished valve covers?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Eastwoods has a do it yourself powdercoating. I wonder if it would be chaper and faster to go that route. Someone on here polished their covers and sprayed Eastwoods diamond clear on it but i never heard how well it held up.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Looks very nice

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Just got my battery replaced in my camera and decided to snap a couple of "dirty" engine shots featuring my freshly painted valve covers. Was going to go powdercoated but teh shop was like 4-5 weeks out and since my dealership was being so kind as to wait for them AND install my Steeda UDPs for me at no charge i figured i shouldnt look a gift horse in the mouth and make them wait.Car sure is dirty from being left inside at the dealership and will get the engine bay and outside of the car spotless again this week. Also had them paint the alternator bracket too while they were at it.Cant really see it but I know its there,lol. Golly ned,i sure cant handle seeing my car with a 1/4 inch of dust on it,spare me MrV,youll never see it like this again.Next up,is the steel braided hoses,looks plain jane since i took the covers off everything. Had them done in car color G2 Redfire.Brent
Looks mighty fine indeed (notwithstanding the dirt...but your are forgiven). Awesome! Ironically, I was going to do mine in the redfire (and have matching plenum cover)....but I got the plenum cover long before I decided on the final color for my stripes.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Very nice!

Does anyone have polished valve covers?
I have the chrome ones, but if you mean, just polished the valve covers then I think "tact out" has his polished and someone did it a long time ago, but I can't remember who. The thing is if you just polish them, you better shoot them with clear since they will tarnish real fast without it. Magnesium tarnishes even faster than aluminum.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Those covers look amazing... The redfire looks great!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looking sharp Brent. Hope it stay's that way with a few miles on her. Honestly not being an az. I like it! Might steal without prejudice here! LOL. Great idea!Is that redfire or the new color? Looked really metallic!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Those look awesome! I keep going back and forth on powder coating or chrome....:headscratch:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Exactly like the car color-code G2 Redfire,which does have quite a bit of metallic in it.went out and gave the outside a GOOD bath today,gonna work on the engine compartment this weekend.Will post some finished pics Sunday night. Thanks for all the compliments fellow Stangers,I like em too! Brent

Looking sharp Brent. Hope it stay's that way with a few miles on her. Honestly not being an az. I like it! Might steal without prejudice here! LOL. Great idea!Is that redfire or the new color? Looked really metallic!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.