Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of Baer SS4 rear brakes on my 2012 Mustang. The install was great and the brakes work awesome. My problem is with the new brackets there's no place for the wheel sensors to mount to.. I can't live with all the error messages so I need to mount them. I have searched for the gap measurement between the sensor and the toner ringl, but can't find it. Also how deep does the sensor need to protrude onto the tonner ring???

Help would be greatly appreciated

TC

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
I don't know the answers to those questions . . . . but I'm pretty sure you can kill the light by pulling the ABS fuse.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
So did the new brakes come with new plates that bolt up to the axle and new calipers?

I would not run a brake kit that deletes traction control and abs...I can't think of any rear brakes I would want over the srock ones in exchange for abs.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yeah, pulling the fuse is a great idea on a street car...no abs, great idea, yeah.

Pulling the fuse will SET the light, not turn it off.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Yeah, pulling the fuse is a great idea on a street car...no abs, great idea, yeah. . . .
Good Lord, the horror, the Horror! . . . It's a miracle I survived to the age of 55, with no ABS for the first 30 or 40 years . . .
:wink::grin:

yeah yeah OK, I agree ABS is good to have, just like TPMS is good to have too, I was just hoping to kill the annoying light while he figures it out . . . but if it doesn't kill the light, then forget it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
When I started driving, disc brakes on the front were an option. :grin:

I wouldn't compromise the safety that modern brakes with abs provide for any money. I flip the nannies off at the racetrack but, not on the road.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hold the phone. I didn't say anything about pulling a fuse to fix the problem. Not my style .

Yes the Baer SS4 rear "DUAL CALIPER per side" has brackets and mounts for the calipers. I am also running Billet Specialties dual bead lock rims. When everything is bolded together there is very little room for error. I can fabricate a bracket for the wheel speed senor, but since I can't look at mine, I thought maybe someone would know the dimensions as far as the gap to toner ring and distance into the toner ring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts