Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got some black 18x9" Redlines w/255/45/18 Nittos.It took a few weeks to get a deal done only because the 20's came in damaged and the tires got ripped up on the installation.
I'm especially impressed with the ride quality of the Nittos.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Congrats on the new wheels and tires. The car looks good. Your probable better off with the 18s. JMO

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
those wheels look very nice on your car. congrats :)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The new wheels look very nice. Black wheels need the chrome or polished outer ring like yours have. (All-black wheels are too bland in comparison.) Those wheels might look even better on a Grabber Orange stang with black stripes.

The rear view picture of your car shows why I'm not a fan of adding an aftermarket gas filler door: with the rear panel factory roundelle it looks like the car has two gas doors.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Looks good. I really like the color scheme you are running.

Is that stripe in the back silver or is that just the glare from the sun?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good. I really like the color scheme you are running.

Is that stripe in the back silver or is that just the glare from the sun?
The stripe in the back is a color match of the engine cover.The hood is painted also.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The stripe in the back is a color match of the engine cover.The hood is painted also.
Car looks nice. I don't see any red lines. Probably clash with the orange color, anyway.

Looks as if you guys should get some leaves for your trees. Seems a waste to have those things standing around with no leaves on them.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car looks nice. I don't see any red lines. Probably clash with the orange color, anyway.

Looks as if you guys should get some leaves for your trees. Seems a waste to have those things standing around with no leaves on them.
Its cold here today.My plum tree blossomed at least.It takes a while for trees to green up here in Colorado,even the grass is still cruddy lookin'.

·
Registered
632 Posts
That looks awesome! Luv the CS appearance in that grabber orange.. Very nicely done. The whole car looks like it would have come off a lot with nothing but OEM parts, which is the way I like.

I agree w/ Travelers opinion that you're better off with 18s. I think 20s are too big for a s197 plus it makes the brakes look tiny unless you upgrade to a 14' kit.

Gonna paint those calipers orange next?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna paint those calipers orange next?

Naw...I've seen painted orange calipers and it clashes like a grapefruit and a tangerine :happyhapp.

Thanks for props everyone!

G

·
The ride looks awesome - love it! Rims are very classy and it's good to know you are happy with the Nittos... enjoy, you have a hot ride!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Naw...I've seen painted orange calipers and it clashes like a grapefruit and a tangerine :happyhapp.

Thanks for props everyone!
I'd go black or dark grey then but I know what you mean about the clash. The brighter blue doesn't look all that great w/ my sonic blue.

I've been pouring over which color to do mine in and I keep falling back on black, dark grey or windveil blue.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
A recent thread includes referral to a site that sells Mustang color-match epoxy caliper paint. I think I've seen Grabber Orange color matched caliper opaint elsewhere; Gooooogle might turnip something.

Just for your information, the Tungsten Grey G2 paint turns out to be a dark, dark shade of purple.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/983400-post5.html

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.