Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for over two days now, i decided to go with 17x9 rims and 275/40-17 tires all the way around. Now my question is, will the 17x9 rim be to big and i will have to make modifications to my car?? And will the 275/40-17 tire fit front and rear without rubbing or causing any problems?? Somebody help! I don't want to spend over $2000 for all this and the tires or rims cause a problem. Thank you for reading my post. Any ACCURATE information is appretiated. :shigrin

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
they will be fine, the GTs came stock with the 17 X 9s..many run 17 X 10s on the back or larger
BTW I'd never spend 2 grand for tires and wheels, you can always find deals on ebay

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
2k for rims and tires? The most expensive package on AM is like 1400 with staggered 18s for our cars. Do some more looking before you spend that much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so what about tires?? Will the 275/40-17 fit front and rear without rubbing or causing any problems?? And thank you both for your replies. My only problem is i can find NO where online where they do a 17x9 rim and 275x40-17 tire package together. I found some 'helo' rims with my tires from amazon though for $1176 all together. :bounce2:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
check out american muscle they have the packages you are talking about.

yes the tire size is perfectly fine, front and rear.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
No problem enjoy, and remember it starts with rims, and eventually you will have replaced or modded everything on the car haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts