Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting some 20" shelby torq thrust rims black or chrome. Does this affect my performance and if it does how just handling or what im trying to replicate a badass black with red stripe and black torq thrust rims i saw today in my modified mustang magazine possibly the most badass gt ive seen and i look at a lot of stangs it is my life. lol:happydance:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
well with 20's your cars gonna look pretty bad ass most likely, im more of an 18 man myself but besides the point, your going to have a rougher ride due to less rubber, you will have a somewhat smaller turning radius and your rims are going to be heavier unless that one style comes in gram-lites or something, thats it though. o and you'll have to have your speedo re calibrated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you adjust your speedo with a tuner I was thinking of getting a sct tuner with a intake I wanted anyway.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
yea if you get the SCT xcal2 or 3 from bamachips you'll have to put in your tire size and everything anyways and you can just give him the new tires numbers and you'll speedo will be set when you load the new tunes :bigthumbsup

i definetly would recommend bamachips.com, nothing beats Dougs customer service as long as hes able to answer the phone anyways, i feel sorry for him sometimes, that man is so swamped

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am thinking about getting some 20" shelby torq thrust rims black or chrome. Does this affect my performance and if it does how just handling or what im trying to replicate a badass black with red stripe and black torq thrust rims i saw today in my modified mustang magazine possibly the most badass gt ive seen and i look at a lot of stangs it is my life. lol:happydance:
I just put on my 20's about three weeks ago..still handles very well (running eibach prokit as well), where I really notice the difference is in braking performance, ride is still decent and can't beat the look..the diff in braking is best explained like this..it's like you can actually feel the brakes trying harder due to the increased unsprung weight..I will eventually be upgrading the binders, having said that I'm very happy with my choice to go with 20's..as far as the speedo goes, just go to the specific tire manufacturer site pick your tires and get the revolutions per mile as your tuner will req this when u order your tuner..every tire has a little different size even when they are the same size..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.