Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back my stang with Cobra R deep dish rims, powdercoated brake calipers, Decelerotors, and braided brake lines. I had the center caps made but am thinking about going with chrome caps instead of the cobra. What do you guys think???

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Very nice, great looking mods!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Great looking car! I hate to say it, take it for what it's worth, but I'd be more inclined to go with the chrome center caps...hope that doesn't offend.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking car! I hate to say it, take it for what it's worth, but I'd be more inclined to go with the chrome center caps...hope that doesn't offend.

No offense taken at all appreciate you being straight forward.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
[straightforward mode]
Disks look a bit small, eh?
[/straightforward mode]

PS: Nearly missed my chance ...

"Never give a sucker an even break
or smarten-up a chump".
— William Claude Dukenfeld

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[straightforward mode]
Disks look a bit small, eh?
[/straightforward mode]

I would have liked to have went with the 14" rotors the baer eradispeed plus 2 but the size I don't think could have fit my 18" rims. Plus the cost of the eradispeed for both front and back would have cost me 1000.00 where the decelerators cost me 450.00. Looking at the size it is 12.4 inches vs. 14 inches which corresponds to about 3/4" each side. The decelerators are OEM size so I just replaced my original with drilled and slotted. But I did go with the front decelerators put on both back and front to keep them the same size.

PS: Nearly missed my chance ...

"Never give a sucker an even break
or smarten-up a chump".
— William Claude Dukenfeld

What do you think of the blue powder coat? I use blue LED's on some of my lighting.

·
Registered
784 Posts
looks good. cobra Rs are a good choice, mine are gun metal.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
What do you think of the blue powder coat? I use blue LED's on some of my lighting.
My first car was a black Ford (1949, in 1953). I did the interior in blue, painted the wheels blue. Yes I like the blue on a black car. I'd even be tempted to do the stripes in blue, if I were going to do stripes.

Nice accents, those calipers.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My first car was a black Ford (1949, in 1953). I did the interior in blue, painted the wheels blue. Yes I like the blue on a black car. I'd even be tempted to do the stripes in blue, if I were going to do stripes.

If I ever have problems with the silver stripes I think I will have them painted on in blue.

Nice accents, those calipers.

Thanks. I went with the same blue as my blue LED's.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I think it looks awesome. And don't mind the cobra centercaps either. Can't you get the snake in different colors? Maybe a blue to match the calipers?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think it looks awesome. And don't mind the cobra centercaps either. Can't you get the snake in different colors? Maybe a blue to match the calipers?
This. And maybe some Armerall for those new tires.:yelpleased:
Nice ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts