Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the trip to MRT day.... For my new seat covers!!! WOOHOO!!! I've been wanting them for a very long time! MRT now offers a very affordable "Leather-Look" cover!

Here's a quick couple of pics... will be doing a more in-depth write up on my webite... eventually! LOL!

Here's the MRT site: http://www.mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/intpackage.php

We also redid the front turn signals! I bought the clear lens turn signals and had MRT tint them to match my tinted headlights...

and for reference here's what it looks like with the stock amber lenses...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Pretty cool.. but is it me or does the leather seem really loose over the seats?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vantage said:
Pretty cool.. but is it me or does the leather seem really loose over the seats?
In spots... once they get sat in and used should look better...

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Very nice. How difficult were the covers to install? I realize the seats had to come out.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stlwagon said:
Very nice. How difficult were the covers to install? I realize the seats had to come out.
Took basically most of the day.... back seat wasn't too hard... getting the front seats out wasn't too hard... Doing the front seats was the hard part. They had to be basically disassembled. I have some pics and will be doing better write (hopefully in the next couple of days). The parts that were the worst were probably:

1) taking the drivers seat apart
2) getting the headrest plastic hole/tubes out (not the actually headrest)
3) They use "hog rings" on the front seats... never heard of those before... but you use "hog ring" tool to put them back in/on...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sweet covers! I've been lookin for a good looking set. I guess that's another mod to think about adding next to my babe.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Not too bad!! I would like to know about any downfalls,
excessive movement, loose fitting and such. Keep us
posted on how they do over the next month or so.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
white angel said:
Not too bad!! I would like to know about any downfalls,
excessive movement, loose fitting and such. Keep us
posted on how they do over the next month or so.
will do! I will say the Mach 1 seats are very comfy!!!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
They really look like they are comfortable. It's hard
to really tell but they look like they are cushioned
nicely in the center.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
white angel said:
They really look like they are comfortable. It's hard
to really tell but they look like they are cushioned
nicely in the center.
Yes, the yellow is cushioned very nicely... with out being overly soft... It's a 90 minute drive from MRT to home and the seats felt fantastic!

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
That sounds great. Enjoy them and keep us posted THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
fishingjts, You did pretty close to the same thign I did with my 05. Yep, they look great and you will geta lot of compliments on them. One word of caution... that yellow is very hard to keep clean. I had to clean mine almost every weekend on the drivvers side. So, prepare... you dont want dirt to set on it too long and get too deep into the grain to get it out.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kyle F said:
fishingjts, You did pretty close to the same thign I did with my 05. Yep, they look great and you will geta lot of compliments on them. One word of caution... that yellow is very hard to keep clean. I had to clean mine almost every weekend on the drivvers side. So, prepare... you dont want dirt to set on it too long and get too deep into the grain to get it out.
Thanks!

Yep, I can already see what you mean about the drivers side getting dirty! I grabbed my Mequiares Interior Detailer and was amazed how easily it wiped clean! The dirt wiped right off! I've had light color real leather in other vehicles and it always took some scrubbing and even then it was a crap shot! LOL!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Strange, but I just attempted to see about ordering a set of pony style seats and they are not available. I clicked on all seats and they came out the same.

Otherwise, they seem to have some great products.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Those look really good. I do hope some of the wrinkles work their way out. I imagine they would. Their prices aren't bad either. I paid $795 for the leather seats in my GT - only to find out it's just the seating surface that's leather. I'd have paid the extra hundred bucks or so to get a custom, all leather, interior. Oh well, no regrets.:)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
J&D said:
Strange, but I just attempted to see about ordering a set of pony style seats and they are not available. I clicked on all seats and they came out the same.

Otherwise, they seem to have some great products.
I know they are changing some of the pricing, so I'm guessing they are updating their website... Might want to check back first part of the week or give MRT a call (they are open to 3PM EST today). Either way I'll check with them next week to make sure the website is working...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
myltlpny said:
Those look really good. I do hope some of the wrinkles work their way out. I imagine they would. Their prices aren't bad either. I paid $795 for the leather seats in my GT - only to find out it's just the seating surface that's leather. I'd have paid the extra hundred bucks or so to get a custom, all leather, interior. Oh well, no regrets.:)
I think the wrinkles will settle down... the seat covers went right from being all folded up in the box to install with the pictures taken during the install and immediately after... we'll see how they look after a little bit of use! LOL!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wrinkle update...

The seat covers are held in place by hog rings in only a couple of places. The rest is held in place with Velcro... I took care of one of the most noticable wrinkles simply by lifting the cover and repositioning it. Pushed down to reattach the Velcro and it tightened the cover right up! Looks MUCH MUCH BETTER!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts