Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 89 coupe done this winter was a 4cyl auto, now a 5.0/5 speed. right now it's basically stock other that the usual bolt ons and the stock intake has been cut in half and ported, then welded back together. it runs pretty good right now (car weighs 2800 lbs) this weekend im throwing on tubular gt-40 intake anderson ported e-7's, f-cam and 1.6 rr's. 24# injectors and 76mm c&l mass air 65mm throttle body. just wondering what everyonw thinks of this setup...i got everything dirt cheap.....everyone in illinois has 5.0 parts.

R

·
0 Posts
Just curious why put that much time and money in stock heads & intake....:headscratch:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the heads from a friend for putting his shortblock together and the gt40 intake was DIRT cheap from another friend. and the stock intake that was cut in half and ported was also free. right now being basically stock it ran 13.03 so with the new setup it should run a little better.

R

·
0 Posts
got the heads from a friend for putting his shortblock together and the gt40 intake was DIRT cheap from another friend. and the stock intake that was cut in half and ported was also free. right now being basically stock it ran 13.03 so with the new setup it should run a little better.

based on the above makes perfect sense.....:bigthumbsup

pics of the car would be nice......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill get some pics up soon. the ported e7's actually look very nice, theyve had bigger valves put in and the intake and exhaust ports are considerably larger than stock castings.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
So you have run 13.03 with that set up? On slicks? What et cause that seems a bit quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
13.03 @ 102 on mickey thompson drag radials...its a notch with ported stock intake,1.6rr's, equal length shortys upr x pipe, 3:73's, no accessories on engine except alternator and water pump. its got weld draglites (bigs n littles) battery in trunk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
4 cyl springs, no front sway bar, and air bag in right rear...that is it....its been kind of a budget build ive got less than $2000 in the car and thats including the donor car i bought.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Sounds like a great build and find. I wish I could get great deals like that.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
13.03 from that level of modifications isn't common, so you must have a good, hard runner to begin with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea its a fresh engine i built it this summer just a stock shortblock. it runs pretty good. im headin out to the garage to go put the new h/c/i and all the other goodies on it now..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.