CS6 (Shelby's V6)
GT (Deluxe and Premium)
GT/CS
Shelby GT
Rousch GT
Steeda GT
Saleen GT
Shelby GT500

All directly available from a new Ford dealer... not all can sell each model... but each aftermarket manufacturer has certified dealers.

All models have distingueshed Characheteristics...

I see it as 10... a Steed for every Need indeed. :hihi: and for every wallet.
The fact that the other models are available didn't keep me from buying a regular GT... or 2 LOL.
you cant count roush, steeda, foose, or saleen. ford has nothing to do with those companies other than an agreement to cover the existing car warranty whenever thier parts are installed by thier certified techs. the dealers who deal in those cars buy them from those companies, not from ford. eg: roush buys a GT from ford, turns it into a roush, assigns it a roush vin and a new MSRP and then sells it to a dealer who has an agreement with roush to sell thier cars. ford has nothing to do with those cars, other than building the base GT from which those cars were made. dont give ford credit for something they are not giving us. if your going to do that, you might as well thank ford for all the mods you are putting on that new 06 you just bought, that you are paying for and installing...... same thing. now who deserves that credit? you and the aftermarket? or ford? im sure not thanking ford for my hurst shifter that i installed. matter of fact, with regards to that part i feel that i had to spend $160 of my $$ and 30 minutes of my time to fix fords screw up b/c that stock shifter sucked that bad.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Let the inflation begin

mark said:
These are the identical cars for the Hertz rent a car except with a different paint scheme and you can do the 325 hp, scoop, etc. for a lot less with your current GT. I just came from my dealer and he has a Shelby GT rag top in the show room with a butt ugly mustard yellow color. MSRP is 47,000. The front splitter and rear diffuser is awesome but thats about it.
$47K for a Mustang that someone can probably beat with a regular GT with a tune and CAI. That is just bulls**t. Ford is just trying to squeeze as much money out of the consumers by offering limited edition Mustangs. Hey if you want to get a rare Mustang how about buying a regular GT and modding it to your own liking. Then it's not #x of 10,000 but 1 of 1. And for $47K you could buy a regular GT and mod the hell out of it, even make it look alot better than this last installment of the Mustang. I'm not knocking on Shelby but I was not that impressed with this "new" Mustang I mean it looks nice but not $47K nice. The only thing I really liked was the rear spoiler delete. I would much rather get a CS6, now that is an authentic Shelby product not a Mustang with a couple Ford aftermarket parts slapped on it and a cool Shelby plate in between the AC ducts. Anyway just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
126 Posts
GT Express said:
$47K for a Mustang that someone can probably beat with a regular GT with a tune and CAI. That is just bulls**t. Ford is just trying to squeeze as much money out of the consumers by offering limited edition Mustangs. Hey if you want to get a rare Mustang how about buying a regular GT and modding it to your own liking. Then it's not #x of 10,000 but 1 of 1. And for $47K you could buy a regular GT and mod the hell out of it, even make it look alot better than this last installment of the Mustang. I'm not knocking on Shelby but I was not that impressed with this "new" Mustang I mean it looks nice but not $47K nice. The only thing I really liked was the rear spoiler delete. I would much rather get a CS6, now that is an authentic Shelby product not a Mustang with a couple Ford aftermarket parts slapped on it and a cool Shelby plate in between the AC ducts. Anyway just my .02 cents.
The GT 500 only costs $42K so come down a little with the price actually alot right around the Cali special edition $32- $34 range. I know where your going thou and you sound a little wound up but hey it is a SHELBY were talking about.:mad:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I see a mod potential in the grille,it looks like it would fit a GT:rolleyes:.I've priced the California Special front bumper cover and its less that a standard GT unit.Ford is making it real easy to clone these new Mustangs but thats OK.If Ford wants to sell quality parts that fit,its an excellent way to mod your ride.:bounce2:

·
Registered
496 Posts
rmays06 said:
WHAT!!!!Shelby tarnis his name by putting out a Mustang? DID you bump your head? Shelby approached ford to do this not the other way around.
FORD put out one of the most talked about cars in years, put 300 HP into a $25000 car that you couldn't touch for almost a year at a dealer and your still not happy. GO BUY AN IMPORT and deal with the $10K mod to make it do 15sec in the 1/4 mile. OK so I guess Ford should put CAI and fender scoops on all the stangs right?
THis is a classy car and we don't need folks and comments like this holding it down......:mad:
I couldn't agree with you more. I hear people bitching about bad shifters, cheap interior, long antennas, no this too much that, and on and on. I bought a 300 hp car that looks beautiful and was priced at $27,890. If Ford were to add every doodad that all these guys constantly complain about I would NEVER had been able to afford what I believe to be the best Mustang EVER. There...I said it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
AirGoNomyk said:
I couldn't agree with you more. I hear people bitching about bad shifters, cheap interior, long antennas, no this too much that, and on and on. I bought a 300 hp car that looks beautiful and was priced at $27,890. If Ford were to add every doodad that all these guys constantly complain about I would NEVER had been able to afford what I believe to be the best Mustang EVER. There...I said it.
Well said! I bet the Mopar and Chevy guys will end up paying the same money for a V-6 Camaro/Challenger.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
AirGoNomyk said:
I couldn't agree with you more:hihi:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I know I've been mad at Ford lately because I couldn't take advantage of their shortcomings (getting the new warranty and 0% apr), but our Mustangs are beyond incredible. Sure, there are faster GM's, Pontiacs, and Dodges, but they have to pay out the ass to out perform us. That's why when I pass that new mammoth Charger SRT10, or whatever the hell is is, that has like 400+ hp, I laugh since they had to pay $35k+ for it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Jenkinsbball said:
I know I've been mad at Ford lately because I couldn't take advantage of their shortcomings (getting the new warranty and 0% apr), but our Mustangs are beyond incredible. Sure, there are faster GM's, Pontiacs, and Dodges, but they have to pay out the ass to out perform us. That's why when I pass that new mammoth Charger SRT10, or whatever the hell is is, that has like 400+ hp, I laugh since they had to pay $35k+ for it.
What a perfect waste of what was once a proud nameplate...Charger, GTO also for that matter.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Kyle F said:
Let see, you have the...
V6 (Delux and Premium)
V6 Pony
CS6 (Shelby's V6)
GT (Deluxe and Premium)
GT/CS
Shelby GT
Rousch GT
Steeda GT
Saleen GT
Shelby GT500

All directly available from a new Ford dealer... not all can sell each model... but each aftermarket manufacturer has certified dealers.
And don't forget the GTR and the Foose GT (also available through dealers). And the GT-H, while not really available through dealers (other than as a Shelby GT) it still has it's own designation. There was also the announced and yet to be released Boss Mustang. Who know's what the future will hold. Maybe even another Mach 1.
For the money, I'd rather get the Foose GT. I think it has more style and goodies than the Shelby GT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
mark said:
These are the identical cars for the Hertz rent a car except with a different paint scheme and you can do the 325 hp, scoop, etc. for a lot less with your current GT. I just came from my dealer and he has a Shelby GT rag top in the show room with a butt ugly mustard yellow color. MSRP is 47,000. The front splitter and rear diffuser is awesome but thats about it.
according to the web page u can only get the shelby GT in 2 colors black and white. and defenitly not a rag top. so dont know what u say but it wasnt a shelby GT. plus they just announced it in MI last month so come on guy

·
Registered
93 Posts
V6 Deluxe coupe 200-HP $19,995
V6 Premium coupe 200-hp $20,920
V6 Pony Pkg 200-HP $21,670
V6 Deluxe Vert 200-HP $24,820
V6 Premium Vert 200-hp $25,745

GT Deluxe coupe 300-HP $26,020
GT Premium coupe 300-hp $27,200
GT /CS pKG 300-hp $29,095
GT Deluxe Vert 300-HP $30,845
GT Premium Vert 300-HP $32,025

Hertz GT-H Coupe 325-HP $120.00 Per Day Rental 2-day Min.
Shelby GT Coupe 325-HP $34,200
Shelby CS6 SC/V6 350-hp $35,795
Shelby GT500 coupe 500-HP $42,975
Shelby GT500 Vert 500-hp $47,750

The Shelby GT is the Same car as the Shelby GT-H (Hertz Rent-A-Racer) just the retail version.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The FRPP suspension is very good, agressive damping but very good... With it a couple other Steeda parts and my wheels and tires I am over 1g on the skidpad...

Kyle F said:
I briefly skimmed over the article... how much is the pricetag going to be?

Ok, so handling pack and power pack with a lower rear gear. Why don't they just go ahead and drop the shorty headers in as well?

There are better CAI kits, better tunes, and better handling packages, but not better names (Shelby).

Hmmm... seems like just a lot of common mods with a name. Its not even Shelby parts.

Bummer.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
2K05GT said:
V6 Deluxe coupe 200-HP $19,995
V6 Premium coupe 200-hp $20,920
V6 Pony Pkg 200-HP $21,670
V6 Deluxe Vert 200-HP $24,820
V6 Premium Vert 200-hp $25,745

GT Deluxe coupe 300-HP $26,020
GT Premium coupe 300-hp $27,200
GT /CS pKG 300-hp $29,095
GT Deluxe Vert 300-HP $30,845
GT Premium Vert 300-HP $32,025

Hertz GT-H Coupe 325-HP $120.00 Per Day Rental 2-day Min.
Shelby GT Coupe 325-HP $34,200
Shelby CS6 SC/V6 350-hp $35,795
Shelby GT500 coupe 500-HP $42,975
Shelby GT500 Vert 500-hp $47,750

The Shelby GT is the Same car as the Shelby GT-H (Hertz Rent-A-Racer) just the retail version.
hehe, not to be picky, but the V6 is 210 hp:bounce2:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts