Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i was gunna get a roush shift knob just because I like how they look but don't you need something for the boot so it doesnt look really goofy hanging so low?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Good question that I don't have an answer for. I have a Roush black pool ball knob, it is lower and more comfortable than stock. However the big ugly silver nut that it tightens against shows since the boot does not slip over it.

Anyone else have a solution to fix this?

S

·
0 Posts
I've heard of people winding a rubber band on the shift handle (under the boot) at the heighth you want the boot to stand. If a rubber band doesn't work you could probably find some rubber grommets at a hardware store that would do the same thing.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Here's the picture attached

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Take the nut off and paint it black.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I was gunna get a Roush shift knob just because I like how they look but don't you need something for the boot so it doesn't look really goofy hanging so low?
current eBay item number 360162874875 from seller zrchris
2005-09 Mustang Shifter Shift Knob Boot Retainer Sleeve
SHIFT KNOB NOT INCLUDED! THIS AUCTION IS FOR THE BOOT RETAINER ONLY, which is a necessary item for anyone looking to put a classic Hurst knob on a new Mustang. The stock knob has a ring at the bottom to hold the boot, but aftermarket knobs do not, and so you need this piece to make everything fit
Brand new custom boot retainer with M12 x 1.25 thread for manual transmission Mustang from 2005-2009 with stock shifter or aftermarket shifter with stock threads. Not all aftermarket shifters have stock threads; the buyer must determine compatibility. Fits 5 or 6 speed, all models, even GT500, but not Shelby GT with Hurst shifter or Bullitt Mustang due to the smaller boot. This retainer is custom machined, carefully designed to properly fit with the stock shifter and boot. This is an exclusive "zrchris" item, designed, produced, and copyrighted by this seller.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
Rouch has a little rubber insert for the flat shifter shaft. I don't know if you can get it separate or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.