Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my stock clutch in my 2003 GT Mustang with a SPEC 1 clutch. My problem is taking off in 1st gear. There is just no smooth take off. My stock clutch was very stiff. At first I thought I just needed to get use to this one but I don't think thats the case. It feels like it idles too much when taking off. If I give just a little bit of gas as I let out the clutch it feels like it wants to stall. If I give more gas as I let out the clutch it jerks bad. Do I need a clutch adjuster or something?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I just replaced my stock clutch in my 2003 GT Mustang with a SPEC 1 clutch. My problem is taking off in 1st gear. There is just no smooth take off. My stock clutch was very stiff. At first I thought I just needed to get use to this one but I don't think thats the case. It feels like it idles too much when taking off. If I give just a little bit of gas as I let out the clutch it feels like it wants to stall. If I give more gas as I let out the clutch it jerks bad. Do I need a clutch adjuster or something?
Spec makes a great clutch but it will need to be broken in properly. Take it easy on it for the first 100-200 miles. The thing with Spec clutches is there is no slipping it, it is either engaged or dis-engaged, there is no in between. It does take some getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it is a great clutch. We sell a ton of them.:bigthumbsup

Richard
Tech Support

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.