Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the day off to get my new Ford Racing Springs (and GT500 Strut Mounts) installed. They are the "P" Springs which give it an inch drop all the way around. They still have some time before the are totally setteled down to their new ride height but it looks so much better already. It is a much more flat ride going around corners and just feels more responsive in turns. Much better.

While going down the freeway to get my alignment done I got passed by a new BOSS, looks better in person to me then what I've seen in the pictures. The owner was nice enough to give me a thumbs up for my car.....I returned the favor of course. :gringreen

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I took the day off to get my new Ford Racing Springs installed.
They do say that hope springs eternal. How much did you have to spring for them?
The new BOSS looks better in person to me then what I've seen in the pictures.
That's good to hear, 'cause it looks like crap in all the pics I've seen. It seems to be a terrific performer, though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do say that hope springs eternal. How much did you have to spring for them?

That's good to hear, 'cause it looks like crap in all the pics I've seen. It seems to be a terrific performer, though.
Springs cost me $180, install $200, alignment $25.

The Strut Mounts cost me $117 on ebay but that included shipping.

The new BOSS I saw was the son of our club president, he had it at our meeting tonight.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I thought the one in my local dealers showroom looked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Pics of your car after spring install??

Ya I had a thread a couple days ago about seeing my first Boss. They do look ALOT better in person but still I don't care for the stripe on the hood. It just doesn't look like it fits. I wish they wouldn't have gone with the colored roofs. I don't mind the black roof on the Orange Boss but the white and red roofs DO NOT look good in my opinion. No offense to anyone who has one.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Alright, sounds good. I always look forward to car pics after mods are installed:gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, here are the before and after pics. Two before pictures and a few after pics. It's only been a few days so they aren't totally settled in yet but you'll see the difference, in the front for sure. The ride with the new GT500 strut mounts and the springs, so much better...totally worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Looks Great :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
looks good:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
The new Boss 302 looks like crap in all the pics I've seen. It seems to be a terrific performer, though.
I don't care for the stripe on the hood. It just doesn't look like it fits. I wish they wouldn't have gone with the colored roofs. I don't mind the black roof on the Orange Boss but the white and red roofs DO NOT look good in my opinion.
Those are the same things that I don't like about the new Boss 302. And the front end on the Boss (without fog lights in the grille) doesn't look as good as the front end of the regular Mustang GT.

·
Registered
192 Posts
OP, I know you said it corners flatter, but how is the ride otherwise? I had Eibach pro-kit on my 98 and my spine will never be the same.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a 97GT with Eibach springs so I understand. The 06GT is a bit more rigid to begin with and the springs I got just seem to make it a little bit more rigid but not back breaking. New pictures from our club show this last weekend, it settled a bit more.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
I said I would never lower a car again, but I'm seriously considering it. I feel like there is a bit too much tire-to-fender gap, even with the 18s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts