Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Picked up my 2012 Grabber Blue Mustang last night and couldn't be happier! I'm counting this as a late college graduation present to myself lol. Coming from a 2010 focus, basically everything about this car is better. I'm sure the performance mod bug will soon sink in but for now I'm content. I look forward to reading up on the car. I consider myself a car guy and appreciate all the useful tips and information.

Also, if anyone has any advice on upgrading the base (4spkr) stereo feel free, I could use the tips because those junky speakers will have to go soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
im jealous...lol Congrats though man! One day I'll have a brand new mustang sitting in my garage!! One day... haha

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Yeah, I've wanted one for as long as I can't remember. Payment isn't much worse than my old Focus because of the rebates + Z-plan so I can't complain. The 305hp makes it worth the extra dough :)

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Welcome "Grabbe!" There are a lot of really great Mustang owners here! A few trolls and turds too, but very, very few. And don't pay too close attention to my shenanigans...I'm a bad influence on the open road! :shigrin At least I admit it. Again, welcome to the corral!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man! yeah I realized after I posted that I missed in "r" in there hahah. oh well too late now! Definitely sounds like there are a lot of helpful people on here. I'll try and do my part as well!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome! =D Congrats on your new pony! Great color choice, too, btw! :bigthumbsup

And I have one more thing to add...
:postpics

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Hey nice car... love the Grabber Blue, a very second close choice for me but figured PW would be more of a big change going from Bright Red. Lots of great info to be found here with one caveat (see below)... :gringreen

Welcome "Grabbe!" There are a lot of really great Mustang owners here! A few trolls and turds too, but very, very few. And don't pay too close attention to my shenanigans...I'm a bad influence on the open road! :shigrin At least I admit it. Again, welcome to the corral!
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say very twice... ROFL!

:kooky::kooky::kooky:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! I wouldn't feel bad about the speakers shaker 500 isn't great either lol :) I have changed all the speakers to alpine type s and added 2 12" alpine type r's. You might want to consider adding a amp as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Welcome! Let's see some pics!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Enjoy that Grabber Blue,people just come up to me and ask about the color all the time.so far i am the only one in my area with the Grabber Blue.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Picked up my 2012 Grabber Blue Mustang last night and couldn't be happier! I'm counting this as a late college graduation present to myself lol. Coming from a 2010 focus, basically everything about this car is better. I'm sure the performance mod bug will soon sink in but for now I'm content. I look forward to reading up on the car. I consider myself a car guy and appreciate all the useful tips and information.

Also, if anyone has any advice on upgrading the base (4spkr) stereo feel free, I could use the tips because those junky speakers will have to go soon.
Yup. The only thing I say that NEEDS replacing is the speakers. The HU is 'decent', much better than factory stereos used to be. Changing the speakers is the best upgrade you can do to your new stang.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats one the new ride looking forward to see what you get done, besides the speakers. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

congrats, i live in metro detroit and bought my grabber blue 5.0 as my grad present as well. oddly enough i also traded in a 2010 focus for it lol.

·
Registered
644 Posts
one of my favorite colors congrats, read up on mods before touching. Then make your own call. Me I'm keeping stock until paid off;then build a motor to go in it so stock block stays in one piece. That's just me, we all have choices. Mine is to stay stock. Many have had no issues.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
congrats, i live in metro detroit and bought my grabber blue 5.0 as my grad present as well. oddly enough i also traded in a 2010 focus for it lol.
That is awesome! haha. I had to take advantage of the high used car rates so I just rolled that equity into the Stang. I liked my focus, it just lacked the power I've always wanted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup. The only thing I say that NEEDS replacing is the speakers. The HU is 'decent', much better than factory stereos used to be. Changing the speakers is the best upgrade you can do to your new stang.

I actually plan on going to get a quote from a local audio shop tomorrow.

I was thinking of getting these Alpine SPS-517 (SPS517) 5" x 7" 2-Way Type-S Coaxial Car Speakers

Maybe an amp if I have any money leftover. Don't want subs or anything but it's bad that after day 3 I'm craving better sound lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.