Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not officially but its on order i have just one question i ordered a TorchRed and im planning on putting white stripes on it all of my friends are saying the police are gonna harrass me on a scale of 1 - 10 how much harrasment should i expect?

·
Registered
200 Posts
10.....................................................nah just kiddin. not sure yet. I just got mine and its garaged for the winter and was thinkin the same about the stripes. If your not doing anything wrong they should leave you alone. Im sure they'll say "hey look at that badazz machine" some Cops are pretty cool. I know a few and their just like any other guy out there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah, I think a pretty fair number of po-pos sweat our Pony Girls. Comin' outta work today, I let The Dix breathe in some of that super-dense cold air and we're goin' 60 in a 40 in no time at all...right through an intersection with a county mounty in the left turn lane. I figure that's it...first tickey. The cruiser swings around, sure enough, gets right up on my tail...and doesn't light me up! It's almost like he's checkin' out Dixi's sweet hiney! Passes me with just a quick look a few seconds later. That's about the 5th time now since July where I was just HAD, dead to rights...and no bust!

Oh, how I love this freakin' car!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
UnRiVaLeD said:
Well not officially but its on order i have just one question i ordered a TorchRed and im planning on putting white stripes on it all of my friends are saying the police are gonna harrass me on a scale of 1 - 10 how much harrasment should i expect?
COP MAGNET - COP MAGNET
Just kidding, should look great, good luck in your decision

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Night mare

Dea. R&E said:
Honestly, even the police want to have one of these. (Some departments actually do have one!).
Driving to visit a girl, in college, at Old Dominion, back in.... oh crap... 1987?!?! I was on the way back, on the 12 lane, freakishly huge highway and was all by myself. It was like driving on a parking lot! It was so hard not to go faster but there, on the right was a State Highway Vehicle. '86 or '87 Mustang GT. I swear that car squatted on it's tires. It just looked bad. Black made it very hard to spot in the night.

I think the lights should not be big bubblegum lights, but small, layered LEDs, over the dome light, like a roof scoop. The cop's light bar really made the car look a little goofy and of course, there were no LEDs back then.

Why don't the cops consult us when they get cars? :)

-David

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the replies fellas, i love the way the white stripes compliment the red so well. i cant wait to start getting looks and compliments. first thing im doing is installing a nice big fat radar detector 'valentine 1' should give me a bit of an advantage on the old boys in blue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've had my torch red for over a year and, cross fingers, haven't had a ticket yet. I set the cruise on the hwy because red sports cars just scream for attention... maybe invest in a radar detector too.

Sometimes it is just sooooo hard not to race ppl - gotta control the urge!

G

·
satin silver with black stripes i havent been stopped yet...i havent gotten a ticket yet...all i get are thumbs up...and not only do i drive like a maniac but i had the general lees airhorn installed by the dealer before i picked up the car and i hit it ALOT. Viva la police!! heh heh heh....and the license plate says street racer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
it works on a point system basically. the more points you have the more likelyhood of harrassment:

your car is red: +6

your car is considered "one of those speed demon cars" (yes, this includes mustang. +7

your car is cool and will make the cop jealous +10 (this is a biggie, cant have a better ride than "the man"

you have some "support your local cops" or "trooper booster" stickers - 2 (these help you a little, but wont totally get you off the hook)

you have a tag badge + 5 (cops dont want everyone around them to know they are cops. nor do they want thier car vandalized because they are. those badges are always used by people who think that they will get them out of trouble when they are caught haulin a$$.)

you not speeding - 8 (seriously, this is a big help) :winks

you dont have 12 inch "player" wheels sticking 3 feet out from the fenderwells on a car that you couldnt slip your drivers license under - 3

your from out of state +5

if your total is less than 25 your only about 20 to 30% likelyhood of getting harassed by the po-po man. if your 25 + you may want to consider the cost of bus fair...:laughlitt

·
Registered
209 Posts

:sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb: :sterb:

my level of enjoyment has definitely waned since the stripes

G

·
I have a torch red 05 GT with the white racing stripes from bumper to bumper and a white rocker stripes. I'm now forced to drive slower than most grandmothers because, as one police officer said, "In this car you look like your speeding even when you're sitting still." Yeah, it looks great, but you can't hide and you can't blend in to the traffic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a mineral gray '05 GT (which I ordered and then waited forever to take delivery of, more on that later) and was driving home from work one night around 7:00 p.m. I saw another '05 up ahead and, wanting to be friendly like the Corvette fellas are to one another, I sped up to say "howdy" and wave, you know, like we do. Anyway, as I got closer, doing around 80 in a 65, I noticed that this thing had Government issued tags. I slowed a trifle. I got closer and could tell in the dark that this was another mineral gray GT. Now I'm all excited and speed up a bit so I can REALLY say "howdy" and "nice color!" I'm up around 85. As I draw alongside and look at the guy I notice the "Sherriff's Department" decal on the side. I could feel myself go all loose inside, you know, like we do. Then I realized this guy was from out of state and had no jurisdiction in Tennessee (where we were at the time) so I just gave him a thumbs up and kept going. I figured that he, driving a Mustang as well, would understand.
"What's my point?", you may well ask. Well, I've had my car since May, have been seen by officers who do have jurisdiction here while I was bending the speed limit and have not been given a second look. It's either the color of the car or the fact that I look harmless. I've never been pulled over in my red '83 convertible, either, so it may be me.
Now, as for the ordering thing: I ordered my '05 on Jan. 7th, 2005. I took delivery on May 27th. Every time I called the dealer he told me "six weeks."
Hang in there. It's coming.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
GTNOS said:
it works on a point system basically. the more points you have the more likelyhood of harrassment:

your car is red: +6
Ha, that is why I decided against red, I ordered a redfire, changed my mind after I realized my 82 Mustang was red, and I got my only ticket in it, also decided against the spoiler for part of the same reason, I like the plain jane look. You can spot the stripes a mile away.:laughlitt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a torch red 05 GT with the white racing stripes from bumper to bumper and a white rocker stripes. I'm now forced to drive slower than most grandmothers because, as one police officer said, "In this car you look like your speeding even when you're sitting still." Yeah, it looks great, but you can't hide and you can't blend in to the traffic.
Ouch! im not looking to just flat out fly like a bat out of hell on the road but i do wanna have some fun in it and driving like a grandma isnt fun at all :( well looks like im gonna get the local law a bit better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Really?

nghtrnnr said:
satin silver with black stripes i havent been stopped yet...i havent gotten a ticket yet...all i get are thumbs up...and not only do i drive like a maniac but i had the general lees airhorn installed by the dealer before i picked up the car and i hit it ALOT. Viva la police!! heh heh heh....and the license plate says street racer
For GOD'S SAKE, where, oh where, do I get that horn?!?!?!?:worship

·
Registered
444 Posts
According to the two cops I know, scale would be 10! They call them "ticket" stripes. Here goes my jinx-mine had stripes from day one, no ticket in 6 months,4,900 miles. Every ticket I've ever had was on a BEAUTIFUL day, so I'm usually on cruise the best days of the year!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.