Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:gringreenLast summer i had picked up a 2004 Mach 1.

Calling my freind that i wanna race his Honda Civic Si somewhat modded, he told me that he pick up a brand new Sti, nice but i perfer tha stang.

So i hit up his profile on facebook to check out the sti. I left a comment on his stis pic that this would be a great match up since equalish power. Thats when i was ganged up on by his freind just BSing about how the Sti is a mustang killer. so i had to clear thing up since i am a proud V8 owner.

to get to the race... we ended up meeting at a backyard party where we decided to go for a cruise and then maybe test our rides. so he let me drive the sti and i let him drive the mach 1. i was rippin the mach by car lengthsbut i think he wasn't able to work the heavy clutch(Sti's clutch feels like a racing game at the arcade).

this lead to me think that **** imma get wasted.

so we switch cars and go for a cruise.

45 minutes later we end up on this huge empty farm road with only 2 sets of lights ahahaha

so we stop at the first... the light truns green and off goes the sti and the mach 1 lit a smoke but the V8 kicked in (VTEC JOKE:gringreen) and i was ahead by 2nd. for each shift i had gain 1/2 a car. ended with me 2-2.5 car ahead. by then the next light was red.

2nd try. this time i had great launch and didn't even let the sti jump on me. samilar results lead us to a dark farm road with still no traffic so we decided to roll race.
from about 2nd 3000sih rpms, he honk 3 times and off we go, this time it was more closer but the mach was still infront. damn was i proud. we ahd hit like 140ish mile per hour:happyhapp. i was about 3ish cars ahead when i started braking.:D

this was my first kill amongst my freinds and i just had to set it srt8. my freind was suprised on the outcome but i saw it comin to apoint.

V8 is King hahaha that was my comment on the that same pic i had been ganged up on hahaha.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thats what I was thinking.. That AWD is no joke coming out of the hole. But anyways nice race!
Darn it, i was gonna use this thread to show to one of my crap talking buddies that STI's arent ****. Well i kinda like them, but when it comes down to him saying mustangs are a piece of crap then i go into defensive mode and mumble off every which way a 3.8 3.9 4.6 and 5.4 could whoop on his @$$. And if he saw this he would say "Look even the mustang owners know whats up" i can see it now...

Alrighty then yall,
Travis L.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
sounds like you are a much better driver than your friend. either way, nice going on killing your car and killing the STI. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the other day i let my cuzin drive with me in the passanger and even he kicked its ass but it was much closer this time (like he was at my side door). if launched properly tha mach has no problems unless u miss third (my cuzin missed it the first try). my cuz hasn't ever owned a stick and has only driven mine. mine is fully stock and so is the 09 sti impreza
the stis driver brought a better kick to tha sti then i could and still lost i beleave that the sti is alittle overrated
but then agian it is a 4 cylinder
he might have a chance in the mountains but not on a srt8 road.
y because reall carz dont power the front wheels they lift them hahaha
im not that good of a driver either but im pretty sure my buddy knos how to drive. hes had a stick for 3 more years then me
ive seen him smoke 350z no problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Darn it, i was gonna use this thread to show to one of my crap talking buddies that STI's arent ****. Well i kinda like them, but when it comes down to him saying mustangs are a piece of crap then i go into defensive mode and mumble off every which way a 3.8 3.9 4.6 and 5.4 could whoop on his @$$. And if he saw this he would say "Look even the mustang owners know whats up" i can see it now...

Alrighty then yall,
Travis L.
next time i see my buddy ill make a video and that will be enough proof for mustang lovers. MACH 1 has ballz!!!
shaker really helps once the speed is high enough. keeps u pullin.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tha other day i also met my buddy cruisin around in his jeep srt8 and that was a close race. give him props for the take offs but i was climbing on his ass to the front passanger window. and am sure with a proper launch i should be able to take him but 1/2 -1 car length.
his srt8 is fully stock with a bumpin system. its auto with 425 horses and 4sumthin lbs of torque

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I can see the Mach outrunning the STI, however, he should have given you hell off take off if he knew how to drive, but you would def catch him. Both can be low-mid 13 sec cars stock.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i dont know man those sti's are crazy. maybe your friend is a ****** driver, i mean he got beat by your cousin who isnt an experienced stick driver?? the mach has around 305 hp right? the sti has about 325 hp and weights less and is awd. seems to me the odds are stacked in his favor but like i said you are probably a much better driver and he cant handle his car. anyway good kill and nice car, ive always liked the mach1:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
AWD gets a vehicle off the line quicker, if the driver knows how to launch it (STI: dump clutch at 5000 rpm).
But it also chews up a lot of power that does not reach the wheels, which makes the vehicle slower at higher speeds and rpm's vs. a comparable 2-wheel drive vehicle.

·
Registered
459 Posts
yeah i understand that. im just saying i think you beat the driver more than the car but its still a good kill. wait till he has a few more months driving the car and do a rematch it should be a much better race. hopefully a little closer unless he is a slow learner :gringreen jk jk

·
Registered
94 Posts
So is your mach 1 stock? Yea I think after a few months of him gettin used to it he'll put up a better fight the next time around.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tha sti is rated 305 hp while mine is rated 305 hp but with more torque. if launched properly tha mach has no problems the sti does take it at the launch but within seconds the machs passin by
imma see him 2night to go for a cruise and my cuz that just picked up a 05 gt (gt350 tha decals say but not 2 sure on difference. so rerace tonight with new commpetitior. the gt has sum drags on it aswell with exhaust and intake maybe more not to sure.
im hopin sumone will be able to tape it then ill throw up videos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my buds has had the sti longer than me and has driven manual for longer than me also but theres one a couple houses down that thinks he all crazy imma try to hit him up:wavey

·
Registered
459 Posts
i thought the sti was rated at 325 hp?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts