Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over a year of trying to decide whether or not to put any stripes on my car, I finally decided on these fender "Grand Sport" style ones. I like them because they're subtle, and not everybody has 'em.
Let me know what you think! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
207 Posts
vary nice

nice, i saw this on American Muscle and i was w8ing to see a pic. How easy/hard was installation?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Easy to do, about 2hrs. They come in 3 pieces so it makes it easier. I got mine from Bob White Decals in Ocala.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Like the silver. Been pondering what, if anything, to do with my nekkid pony. My 10 year old son is lobbying pretty hard -- but I like the clean look.

Silver, though, makes me think twice.

Very nice look.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think they look like hell--Not mustangyyyy _sorry but you asked....

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I like the look but if I wanted a Dodge, I would have bought a Dodge. Those are the Dodge RT stripes and have no business on a Mustang.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think they look like hell--Not mustangyyyy _sorry but you asked....
So what exactly is the "mustangyyy look ? Dodge, Chevy, and Ford also have over the top stripes . So which one is right ?
I like how you angled them back some and not just straight down .
Looks nice .

·
Registered
677 Posts
stripes ACROSS the car are weird--From back to front are mustangyyy ... Cobra was the first to have any stripes and they ran front to back

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
The 'Stangy look is wide dual stripes from the pavement at the front end over the body, all the way back till there ain't no more car to stripe.

Camaro does the short stripes, from the hood line over the top to the rear deck line.

Dodge does what the OP did.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
It's not something I would do, but I also don't think it looks bad. Your car, enjoy it!

·
Registered
166 Posts
looks great ...enjoy

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think they're tasteful as far as stripes go, but I generally dislike stripes unless they're very subtle (e.g., black matte stripes on a black car). If the Boss wasn't so damn gaudy, I would've purchased one in a heart beat.

·
Registered
653 Posts
They are not my style, but they do look nice
As long as you like them, thats all that matters

I know not every one is going to like what I have in the works

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
i think the quality of work is good, i just dont think thats something that belongs on a mustang... its more for challengers IMO

·
Registered
752 Posts
Very understated and I think it looks good.

This goes to show that a Mustang or any car for that matter can be an eye catcher without having to put stupid things like plastic chrome b-pillars, large garish wheels, cheap/plasticky chrome grilles, euro lights, fake Buick-like portholes or whatever crap people in their teens or people who think they are still in their teens put on their cars today to make them look as ghetto trashy as possible.

Well done sir, no matter the origin of the stripes, I think they look good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the kudos. I've never been one who wanted to have the same as everyone else, and it took me forever to decide to put anything at all on such a beautiful car.
I like 'em. They're just the perfect hint that there's something out of the ordinary lurking under the hood:winks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.