Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seen one of these new hyundai genesis. i was reading car and driver and they were comparing it to the new v6 camaro and this thing is fast a 3.8l making [email protected] and [email protected] and weighing in at 3492 thats the same weight as the new stangs making a 14.2 1/4 time. anyone seen one or race one yet:scratchchin

·
Registered
312 Posts
we still look better....

They make the Genesis fast so they can run away from Ford guys.

I'd better go get a supercharger.

·
Registered
558 Posts
yea I saw one a few days ago in FL on a mini vacation. It looked pretty sweet. It still will confuse people when they see a nice looking car with a hyundai emblem.

·
Registered
234 Posts
How does it run with the top down?:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
has anyone seen one of these new hyundai genesis. i was reading car and driver and they were comparing it to the new v6 camaro and this thing is fast a 3.8l making [email protected] and [email protected] and weighing in at 3492 thats the same weight as the new stangs making a 14.2 1/4 time. anyone seen one or race one yet:scratchchin

i saw an infomercial about it and it looked impressive...they were even comparing it to the gt for the HP....that thing with a couple of adders like CAI and a tune will be hard to catch.....it is tempting...i like the looks of it too,,

·
Registered
872 Posts
haha, wait until the ecoboost v6 mustang comes out. the genesis will be running back home! :D

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
every day i find something that makes me want that supercharger. the day is close tho.... late july hopefuly

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, wait until the ecoboost v6 mustang comes out. the genesis will be running back home! :D
yeah they mention that in the article if ford would put the ecoboost in the mustang it wouldnt even be in the same class as the camaro an Genises. but these stats are on 87 octane i like to see how it would perform with a 93 octane tune an a cai

·
Registered
766 Posts
The v6 is their touted up version though. The turbo 4 is the standard engine and a V6 mustang can easily run away from that. I think with exhaust, headers, CAI, tune, and those stage 3 heads and cams from super six motorsports, the V6 mustang would have no problem with the sixer camaro or genesis.

·
Registered
42 Posts
And at that point you've added all that stuff to run with them...and they're stock. The SN/New Edge 6ers had the same issues with the 3800 in the 4thgen F-cars. I still think Ford should be ashamed of itself for dropping this practically gutless (stock) motor in the Mustang.

The I4 Genesis makes the same hp that these cars make. Then the Hyundai driver turns up the boost.
Byebye Mustang.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Then there's also the fact that the v6 Genesis is almost as much as the GT mustang. I don't come down on ford for dropping the 4.0 in the mustang, and it is not "gutless". The v6 camaro is only less than a half second quicker to 60. The mustang has always been about customization and personalization. Not like those crap Scion's and their crazy paint jobs, but the plethora of aftermarket exterior, interior and engine mods that can be done to set apart a mustang from any other on the road. I actually prefer the motor that has more potential. Not the motor that can barely be touched.
I'm sure everyone will agree with me though, no other car can capture the hearts of the american people like the mustang has, 45 years young.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't come down on ford for dropping the 4.0 in the mustang, and it is not "gutless".
It won't even turn the one wheel it's allowed to. This part irrtates me to no end. Even my old 305 cars would make some smoke on command.

...aftermarket exterior, interior and engine mods that can be done to set apart a mustang from any other on the road.
Coming from the GM side of things, I'll def say thats true. Only so much you can do to a Camarobird.

I'm sure everyone will agree with me though, no other car can capture the hearts of the american people like the mustang has, 45 years young.
And one of the reasons, if not the single reason, Ford didn't go belly up with the rest of them. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, at least the Mustang is American made, and has a lot more history. I would rather walk and carry a Mustang sign than drive a hyundai

·
Registered
777 Posts
Huh, that's weird. When they first started talking about the genesis coupe, the buzz was all about Hyundai's first 300+ hp 8 cylinder. What happened to THAT engine? :headscratch:

I dig the car, but not crazy about the "smiley face" front end. I like Hyundai. We have a Tuscon, and I almost got an Accent (before I settled on a Mustang!).

~HA

·
Registered
42 Posts
Huh, that's weird. When they first started talking about the genesis coupe, the buzz was all about Hyundai's first 300+ hp 8 cylinder. What happened to THAT engine? :headscratch:

I dig the car, but not crazy about the "smiley face" front end. I like Hyundai. We have a Tuscon, and I almost got an Accent (before I settled on a Mustang!).

~HA
Its in the 4-door. Bet we see it in the coupe as a special edition or something. With all the 'green', gas costs and 'get better mileage' ******** out there, they probably figured it wasn't worth the hassle.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Holy CRAP, I just went back to the Hyundai site and confirmed. The 4-door has a 375 hp 4.6!

Okay, I've been hesitant to say it, but Ford needs to get the lead out and DO something with their engines. When a Korean family car is less than a second behind the GT in 0-60 tests, it's time to step up.

Still curious why they didn't drop that in the coupe though. Seems like that would have been an absolute winning combo to grab the attention of the press.

~HA

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Pricing:

2.0T
$22,000
2.0T Premium
$24,250
2.0T Track
$26,750
$25,000
3.8 Grand Touring
$27,500
3.8 Track
$29,500

I'd rather have a V8 for $29,500.00.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Holy CRAP, I just went back to the Hyundai site and confirmed. The 4-door has a 375 hp 4.6!

Okay, I've been hesitant to say it, but Ford needs to get the lead out and DO something with their engines. When a Korean family car is less than a second behind the GT in 0-60 tests, it's time to step up.

Still curious why they didn't drop that in the coupe though. Seems like that would have been an absolute winning combo to grab the attention of the press.

~HA
I don't think that Hyundai looks at their genesis sedan as a family car. Would you call a Lexus GS or LS a family car? A benz E-class, BMW 5 series? That's what Hyundai compares the Genesis sedan to. It's their entry into the entry level luxury car market. And since lately someone made the decision to make all luxury vehicles hot rods, say hello to a hi-po V8 in the luxury sedan.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.