Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to buy a new throttle body for my car but i didnt know which to get from a 70, 75, and 78mm body. I have a 1996 GT, i havent had any mods to the engine except some valve timing and a filter. I plan on putting some money into this project so i was thinking of the BBK 78mm throttle body. Or a 75mm by BBK. Any incite? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
if you dont have any big plans for the future (supercharger, turbo, nitrous, heavy cams) then stick with the 70mm. anymore and you might hurt performance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks. I found a 70mm Maliry throttle body for 100$ never been used and i dont know the company much.Do you have any knowledge of them or are they a reputible company?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Never heard of them. My advice, save your money and buy the tb/plenum combo. Or even better than that dont buy anything at all, get some 4:10 gears. The tb/plenum dosent really do anything amazing trust me it was me 2nd mod, right after my CAI.

·
Registered
446 Posts
you need to get mods that will work together thats the key go full bolt ons with a tuner all that would be noticeable and gears of course are the biggest bang for the buck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea gears and a tuner was one of the things i was going to get real soon. I can get a set of 3.73's for cheap so i was going to get those. I dont know to much about tuners, any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.