Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know that a bunch of you guy's{and gals} have replaced the factory tires on your Mustang. Can you please give me your opinions on the tires you now have, any complaints? I'm looking into putting 18 inchers on my 2006 but want to have some opinions on different tires and sizes. So, please let me know what size and kind of tires you guys{and gals} are using.
Thanks in advance
MN. SCOOTER

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm runnig 18x9 with 245/45 on the front, and 18x10 with 275/40 on the rear. The tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. I wanted good lateral traction to improve handling in the turns, but also wanted to keep the tire diameter close to stock and have enough sidewall for comfort. I am very pleased with the results.

However, your selection should be based on what it is you want to achieve. Is it appearance, traction for acceleration, lateral traction for handling, and what road conditions will you be on. I am fortunate in that I can use a summer tire all year.

I found Tire Rack to have a lot of useful information in selecting tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey,
I went with 255/45/18 all the way around so i could rotate them. I really love mine they are Toyo Proxies T1-S, my only complaint is the price :sterb: , but the tires are great the handleing difference is amazing!:eyepoppin Also i have heard they dont last......i have like 1000 on mine and the little rubber stem things (?) all over the tire have just worn off, so i think they will last a while.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am running staggered and love them. BFG G-force KDW's, 18/285/40 Rear, 18/255/45 front. Stay out of the gas until they are warm and don't go near Snow. Very good on dry clean surfaces, and from what I am told not too bad in the rain (never been in rain and don't plan on it).

The toyo's and the goodyears are supposed to be very good as well. Read the Car & Driver report, very well written. Also, www.tirerack.com has lots of info as well.

I enclosed a picture because I also love the way the BFG's look, very tough. I also like the look of the F1's

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Haven't decided which tire yet, but as soon as that tax money comes in, I'm upgrading to 20x10's in the rear and 20x9's up front. Got my eye on some Carroll Shelby Wheel Co CS 67's. Only can't decide on the chrome or the Anthracite. No doubt I'll have to upgrade the brakes next, since the stock rotors will look puny on these 20 inchers... Probably getthe tires from my Ford dealer, since they offer free rotation and balance for life.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
most places offer lifetime rotations and balancing, AND wont rape you like the stealers tend to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.