Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some ideas or help if anyone has put a small block chevy into a 67 mustang. I'm not trying to stir the pot. I like how the mustang looks but I perfer the small block chevy engine. Any help would be great. And I know and I've heard it before keep a ford in a ford. Well I know of chevys with ford motors in them. I'm not looking for vaule of the car but personal enjoyment. But this is my first mustang and made sure it wasn't a rare mustang. Its a coupe or a notch back. And had a 289 2 barrell. It was a C engine code. But had a pink 302 with a C4 trans in it when I got it. The car needs total restoration. But before I start replacing the floor pans I wanted to see if I needed to anything to the floor pan or firewall for space.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Welcome aboard and don't worry about stirring the pot, it's your car, do as you wish. First thing I'd search for is motor mounts to adapt from the mustang frame mounts to the chevy motor. Do a web search and see what co.'s come up, there are tons of adapter kits to put engines in most any car.

I don't think you'll need to change the firewall for the engine, there is still space behind the sbf when installed and you can see some of the front of the auto trans. If the chevy trans. you use is extra large you may have to test fit first. You probably won't have any idea where the exhaust, fan vs. rad., etc. will end up until you test fit the engine. Headers are a tight fit even with the sbf engine, you might start with stock chevy manifolds.

The '67> have more space in the trans tunnel than the 65/66 so that helps, I have read to fit the ford AOD in 65/66 you have to do some messaging with a BFH where there is ample clearance in the '67>.
Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.