Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

Bought a new 2008 Mustang v6 Premium, V6 Pony Package, Safety & Security Option, Interior Upgrade Option. I kind of have the jitters because I been reading at a different forum(and I plan to read about it here too) about the interior leaks from about 05+ mustangs. I bought mine 3 days ago. I have 162 miles on it. I park it in my garage. Going to get it rustproofed next Monday. After that, the first major rain we get I am going to park it outside my garage and hope I don't see any of the front interior leaks that are so prevelant in the mustangs. If I had known about these terrible leak problems before I bought it I would insisted the dealer check it for leaks! Now I am worried. What also worries me is dealing with dealerships who try to sherk the problem and have to keep coming back again and again to get something fixed right:nono:.

See you all again later.............:wavey

bat22

·
Registered
35 Posts
welcome....this is the first I've heard of leak problems. No problems with mine at all. It's garaged and rarely driven in rain, but I have been caught in heavy rain with no issues. You should be fine.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:hello: and :welcome , Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Be sure to post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
2007 v6 mustang

i have had my mustang in the rain and some bad storms and i have not had any leaks of any kind.but if you go to the car wash and you hold the wash wand to long at the top of your side glass the water can be blasted in.but were talking about 1200 to 1500 psi at the end of the wash wand.hope this makes you feel good about your new mustang hope you enjoy your new mustang as much as i enjoy my mustang.

G

·
Welcome to the site! Don't worry until it happens... and it most likely won't.;)

Good luck and wishing you the best!!

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome....this is the first I've heard of leak problems. No problems with mine at all. It's garaged and rarely driven in rain, but I have been caught in heavy rain with no issues. You should be fine.
Do you know where to look for the leak? Feel your passenger carpet at the right front kick plate where it meets the carpet, check under and behind the passengers seat(some people have had up to 2" of water there!), also on the kickplate there is an access door...remove it and stick you hand way way down to the metal and feel for wetness. Another mustang forum has about 20 pages of posts about this problem. You can google for it too and find out more.

There is a TSB about it:
TSB 07-14-6​

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.