Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I am Anthony I recently bought a 1999 V6 Mustang and started playing with it. When I bought it it had one owner never had been washed barely had been driven. The car would get from 0-60 in the same day lol Now it is showing a huge difference but still has a lot to go for me. Looking for the Cheapest upgrades and things I can do to get the most out of it. I have Changed the Plugs, Put on a CAI Tore off the unattached muffler that just vibrated and rattled. As well as put a GT rear bumper on it to remove the old busted up one with basic cosmetics to make it look like new again. Any Helpful Ideas and tips are appreciated.

G

·
Welcome to AFM and congrats on the new toy! Check out our V6 sections and you'll find tons of things to do to the new Pony. The 3.8's are solid engines and you can have a lot of fun with them.
Thanks for joining!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Welcome to AFM. A nice exhaust setup would be good and getting a set of 3.73 in the rear would help get that mustang moving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to AFM. A nice exhaust setup would be good and getting a set of 3.73 in the rear would help get that mustang moving.
Thanks might I add I don't have much money to spend on it saving when I can what I can too, So the big bangs is what I like lol. But mine is stock at 3:27 gears now so wouldn't 3:73 Slow me off the line?

G

·
Just the opposite... the higher the gear ratio the quicker you'll be off the line. They don't add hp but they multiply torque and get you in your powerband quicker. A lot of people use a basic approach of - 3.73's for a manual and 4.10s for an auto. There are other choices but these are by far the most popular.
:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts