Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to be looking at an 03 Mustang with really low miles… Like only about 90k. This will be my kid’s first car so I dont want a problem, but at the same time, it is an older car.

Is there anything systemic about this generation of ‘Stangs, especially the sixers that I need to be aware of? Common problems to look for, etc…

·
Super Moderator
3,050 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your Account Settings.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
There aren’t a whole lot of issues. Some parts are becoming obsolete though. But not the everyday sensors and such.

·
Super Moderator
2,953 Posts
Welcome to AFM.

I will say having owned a few in this year style not many issues. Had one for one of my first cars and loved it. Will say my parents regretted it as it allowed me to have a little too much fun, but thats just part of parents having their kids first car to be a sports car, right? haha

You will pay a premium for under 100K miles so I would require premium treatment like maintenance records and shoot for 3 owners or less and no accidents. Feel free to post links to cars you are considering and I am sure members will be happy to take a look and provide advice.

·
Registered
904 Posts
As I recall the v6s of the SN95 era had head gasket issues that were more prevalent than the v8s but that might have been rectified by the 2003/04 year, I can't remember. Check the oil and coolant and maybe have a garage do a compression test for you and look it over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts