Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. I just bought a 2014 GT but haven't had a chance to see it yet. I'll fly home to pick it up in a few weeks. In the mean time, I'm having a supercharger installed. I've been driving (still will be my daily driver) a 2008 Tacoma. I was always a little underwhelmed by the lack of kick in the pants power of the Taco, thus the Mustang.

Anyway, this seems to be a good natured forum, and I hope I fit in. I'll try not to be a big asshat.gif .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome! What color/options did you get for it?

Also, don't forget to post pictures once you get to see it.

·
Administrator
8,622 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Just bought a 14 and having a supercharger installed before you even see it, you are my hero!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum. I picked up my '14 GT Premium two months ago and the first thing I still do in the morning, before coffee even, is to look at it in the garage.
Best of luck with your GT- you're going to love it!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Just wanted to say hello. I just bought a 2014 GT but haven't had a chance to see it yet. I'll fly home to pick it up in a few weeks. In the mean time, I'm having a supercharger installed. I've been driving (still will be my daily driver) a 2008 Tacoma. I was always a little underwhelmed by the lack of kick in the pants power of the Taco, thus the Mustang.

Anyway, this seems to be a good natured forum, and I hope I fit in. I'll try not to be a big asshat.gif .
Welcome to the family! It sounds like you definitely have your work cut out for you! Be sure to post up a picture once you're back, we'd love to see her!

Alex

·
Registered
831 Posts
Congrats and welcome and I see you don't waste any time!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
OP welcome to the forum. I am kinda new to AFM although spent plenty of time on stagnet with my fox. I will second, once you get it take some pictures, and in the meantime, what supercharger did you go with and what color and options did you get?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Welcome to the sickness! A supercharger right off the bat? You ain't screwing around!! Which one did you go with?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is white and has the GT Brembo brake package. The interior is pretty spartan, but I was more concerned with putting money over the front axle than shiny stuff inside. I have always wanted a quick car and had been shopping for a used '05+ to build up, but this one popped up for a good deal. I sold a few rifles and now, off we go to the races.

I went with the Roush stage 1, with the stage 3 kit on order. I plan on getting used to the stage 1 HP before I go loco with any more ridiculousness. I was also thinking about switching to the Roush axle back exhaust, but I want to hear the stock before I do that.

I bought a plane ticket to fly out and get it in a couple of weeks, as soon as I get there, I'll post pics. As for now, I'll keep browsing around the forums.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The pictures that sold me on it. I hope most folks only see the tail lights though.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Nice!! Congrats and get the Roush exhaust....the stock mufflers are way to tame.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice!! Congrats and get the Roush exhaust....the stock mufflers are way to tame.:bigthumbsup
Thank you.

I like the idea of a sleeper, but I've heard the Roush is fairly tape at idle, but opens up when you get on it. I'm still on the fence about it. The mustang will mostly make trips to Midland from Killeen for the next 6 months, so cruising noise is also important to me.

·
Registered
896 Posts

Welcome.

Now that we got that out of the way...

What do we have here?
New 2014 Mustang GT
Joined a mustang forum

You do know what that means, right?

Mods, mods and more mods... in your future soon.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Thank you.

I like the idea of a sleeper, but I've heard the Roush is fairly tape at idle, but opens up when you get on it. I'm still on the fence about it. The mustang will mostly make trips to Midland from Killeen for the next 6 months, so cruising noise is also important to me.
Sooner-This white is killing me! I'm hunting for a car now! I can't stress enough the sound that the Roush Axle-Back puts out. It's hands down the best selling exhaust here and I can personally attest to how it can go from mild to wild with a little modulation of the throttle. Shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can get you set up with our discount code as it's sounding like you're going to be picking up a lot, fast!

Alex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts