Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I posted in the 5.0 Lounge too.

Here is some info about my cars. BTW, most of this was done when I made real money (now I am a teacher), so mods come more slowly now...:rolleyes:

Below is my butt-kick'n 1987 LX 5.0 Ford Mustang. This car has been a labor of love for many years and is mainly a car show participant/street cruiser; it is always evolving into something more radical. Right now I guess you could say that it is a "street" Street Renegade car with road race flavor (strange mix huh?). This car has many modifications and I am only listing some here. I'll just say that I have over $50,000 invested in my baby and I keep pouring more labor and money into it! Just one thing though, my father and I did ALL the work on this car ourselves, and we have enough of a machine shop in our garage that there is a lot of one-off custom fabricated parts on this car. If you would like to know more, just e-mail me at: [email protected]
Engine and Drivetrain:

Block: FRPP Sportsman with a Canton girdle and windage tray

Bore: 4.00 inch

Stroke: 3.40 inch

Displacement: 342 cid

Crank: Probe lightweight forged steel, ATI damper

Rods: Probe ultra-lightweight, 5.315 inch

Pistons: Probe SRS, 12.5:1 compression, Sealed Power low-tension rings

Oil Pan: Canton 7 Qt baffled with crank scraper

Cooling: Ron Davis aluminum radiator, SN95 electric fan, Stewart water pump

Cam: BIG Comp Cams solid roller with Comp Cams lifters

Heads: Edelbrock Victor Jr.(WELLSpeed ported); K-Motion valve springs, Comp Titanium retainers, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, Comp High-Tech pushrods

Valves: 2.05/1.60

Intake: Edelbrock Victor 5.0 EFI (WELLSpeed ported)

Throttle Body: Accufab Race 85 mm

Mass Air Meter: Pro-M 80 mm with a custom WELLSpeed 4 inch intake pipe and Powerstack filter

Power Adder: Custom 50-300 hp nitrous system (600 hp on dual stage setup) utilizing an NX Gemini-Twin Plate and NX Iceman solenoids, grill mounted purge

Fuel System: Mallory 110 FI pump, twin Mallory filters, Magnafuel regulator, Vortech fuel rails, FRPP 42 lb injectors, Ground Pounder pick-up, -10 /-8 supply and -6 return lines

Headers: Bassani 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 inch long-tube headers

Exhaust: 3 inch Bassani off-road x-pipe, 3 inch Race Magnum bullet mufflers, no tail pipes

Transmission: FRPP Z T-5, SPEC aluminum flywheel, SPEC Stage IV High-RPM clutch and pressure plate with lightening option, FRPP aluminum driveshaft, Pro-5.0 shifter, urethane mount

Rear-end: 8.8 with Auburn Pro differential, Moser axles, 4.30 gears

Electronics:

Engine Management: A9L computer, custom Autologic 4-position chip from JMS, FRPP Extender, PLX wideband w/Autometer gauge conversion

Ignition: Mallory HyFire VI Multiple Spark Discharge CD box, MSD Pro Billet distributor, Mallory coil, FRPP wires, NGK Iridium plugs

Gauges: Autometer Phantom Speedometer, Tachometer, Shift-Lite, fuel level, volts, oil pressure, water temperature, fuel pressure. Edelbrock nitrous pressure

Other Controls: Custom switch panel for nitrous plus stuff and things

Suspension and Chassis:

Front Suspension:

K-Member: AJE Tubular, custom solid motor mounts for 1 inch lower engine

Control Arms: Ground Pounder tubular

Springs: Ground Pounder coil-over kit; QA-1 progessive (175-350) springs

Sway Bar: Suspension Techniques

Steering: Flaming River 15:1 manual rack and custom shaft, Ground Pounder bumpsteer kit, Maximum Motorsports solid mounts

Struts: Monroe Formula GP with Ground Pounder caster/camber plates

Brakes: Power Stop cross drilled rotors, Lincoln 73 mm calipers, Hawk pads

Wheels and Tires: Centerline Billet 17x8 inch with Yokohama A520 245/45/ZR-17

Rear Suspension:

Control Arms: HP Motorsport Mega-bite Jr. lowers, modified stock uppers with urethane bushings

Springs: FRPP M-5300-C

Sway Bar: Suspension Techniques

Panhard Bar: Modified BBK

Shocks: Monroe Formula GP; no quad shocks

Brakes: SSBC slotted rear rotors, Porterfield pads

Wheels and Tires: Centerline Billet 17x8 inch with Yokohama A520 255/45/ZR-17

Chassis Stiffening: Steeda chrome-moly subframe connectors and custom chrome-moly G-load brace

Exterior:

Color: 1987 Specific Ford Medium Yellow (Code 6H)

Hood: Cervini's 3 inch cowl-induction

Rear Spoiler: Cervini's Mustang Anniversary Wing

Lights: Clear fronts, Black 1987-1993 GT rears

Other: Running Pony emblems, Saleen front filler panel, sunroof, and few nicks and dings from driving (yes, it is driven whenever I have the chance!

Interior:

Seats and upholstery: Flo-fit front buckets with lumbar support, rear seat (and door panels) covered in matching Flo-fit material

Shifter: Pro-5.0. with a Hurst stick and button T-handle

Instrumentation and other controls: Autometer Phantom, custom panel with aircraft switches

Steering wheel: Grant billet with leather wrap

Bling: Billet window switches and panels, billet HVAC control knobs, billet door handle bezels, billet steering tilt handle, billet coat hangers, billet door lock knobs, billet parking brake handle, chrome fire extinguisher

**Look for the car in 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords magazine (August 2005 issue) and Mustang Enthusiast magazine (June 2005 issue). It won Editors Choice at the NMRA Ford All-Star Nationals (Columbus 2003), and at the NMRA World Finals at Bowling Green (2004) two feature shoots were done on it!!!!**

Below is my silver 2000 Ford Lightining. This baby is really bad, and made a great toy. I estimate that it now has at least 425-450 rwhp (around 525-550 hp flywheel [23% driveline loss]) with bolt-on parts. It now has a custom exhaust, bigger MAF, a custom PSP chip, and more boost to name a few of the mods.

Here are the mods to my 2003.5 Mazda Protege 5. The mods: Custom/Vibrant exhaust, OBX header, WELLSpeed midpipe, WELLSpeed CAI, R-R Racing UDP, MP3 ECU, KartBoy shifter bushings, shortened shifter with a billet Mustang knob, Redline fluid, stainless clutch line, Progress springs, Progress 22mm rear swaybar, Polished PR5 wheels with Kumho Ecsta 712 205/50/ZR16, and Dave B rings, J-Spec intake camshaft, removed VTCS and ported intake, Tokico HP Struts.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey! I couldn't see your pics, site was unavailable, but your rides sound awesome! Welcome to the site, it sounds like you will have a lot to share.

G

·
Welcome to AFM!

Sounds like an absolutely awesome Stang. I removed the picture links from your post as requested but would like to suggest that you upload some photos to your AFM member rides gallery. I am sure there are other members who would love to check out your ride besides me.

Here is the upload photos link: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/uploadphoto.php

Looking forward to seeing a few pics :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts