Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums. However, I am not new to the racing world. I am not very mechanically inclined, I am just a driving enthusiast. I love mustangs, I have an 05 mustang GT blacked out. I love street racing(in mexico) and racing at the track. I am trying to do my research to figure out the best mods, and correct times per mod(currently on the car or some suggested). Currently I have an SCT x3 powerflash 93 octane racing tune(I think), air raid CAI, open Hpipe(stock), a single Steeda underdrive pulley(go figure), steeda lowering springs all the way around(do not know the specifics), and j&m lower control arm. I suppose a mod thats not beneficial could be my slicks(275/40/18's eagle f1 that are so bald they may as well be slicks.lol) The best time I have gotten with the tires when they were not as bald but still not very good was a 13.8 @ 104mph. I just do not feel that is a correct time for my car. idk if I am running it incorrectly, its just the bad tires or I don't know. It is a manual, I usually hold it at 2500 rpm's and launch it. I get a .6 reaction time, 8.9 sec 1/8, and then the 13.8. What else can I do to see low 13's to high/mid 12's, or what am I doing wrong?

·
Super Moderator
40,051 Posts
Welcome to the site!! I moved your thread for a better response.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Depending on what your running now (probably 3:55) as far as rear gears go, you might want to go to a 3:73 or 4:10 gear to get better acceleration. If you think you might want to go FI in the near future, save your money and put it toward the FI and stick with the 3:55s, as they are more practical with FI.

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM!!!!

Tires make a huge difference. I'd get a set of Dr's for racing. Do you have a complete suspension change or just springs and lca's? I'd also recommend
and adjustable uca, adjustable panhard bar and gears (like others have mentioned). I guarantee that you'll have better times. Also, maybe upgrading your tune, they do get updates to them every now and again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome to AFM!!!!

Tires make a huge difference. I'd get a set of Dr's for racing. Do you have a complete suspension change or just springs and lca's? I'd also recommend
and adjustable uca, adjustable panhard bar and gears (like others have mentioned). I guarantee that you'll have better times. Also, maybe upgrading your tune, they do get updates to them every now and again.
+1 Deffinantly get new tires some MT ET streets and you should get you low 13sec just by doing that. If a positive displacement SC is in your future get 3.73gears if you stay N/A or get a centrifural SC 4.10s all the way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts