Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! been going through the forum for a while now and i've always found the answers to my questions. a couple days ago my check engine light when off with the code P0152, O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (bank 2 sensor 1). what causes this? and how do i fix it? it also started idling funny and the RPM needle jumps around. only thing i've changed was fuel, went from 87 to 91. my only mods are borla stingers and k&n fipk

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You might new a new o2 sensor?

Welcome!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you!

would it be best to change all 4 sensors? could the sensor be related to my idle problem? i will be picking up a sensor (or maybe all 4) along with a catted X sometime next month.

·
Registered
28 Posts
welcome

welcome to the forums, im new too. i wouldn't suggest getting all four sensors unless you want to upgrade. get someone with a scanner to check it, and buy the one to replace it. i don.t know about the idle proble though because my mustang ran fine before i got a new sensor for it. well anyway, welcome!

·
Super Moderator
39,946 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!!

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:hello:AND:welcomeflowers:THE SITE.
Don't forget to post some pic's in your gallery. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:wavey Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. If you replace one O2, you need to replace all of them.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
hey everyone! been going through the forum for a while now and i've always found the answers to my questions. a couple days ago my check engine light when off with the code P0152, O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (bank 2 sensor 1). what causes this? and how do i fix it? it also started idling funny and the RPM needle jumps around. only thing i've changed was fuel, went from 87 to 91. my only mods are borla stingers and k&n fipk
I would check the HO2S harness for a short.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Hey there welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
welcome to the site

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you everyone!
well i decided to check the sensor today to make sure it was on tight and not melting and it was fine. so i started her up again and the engine light came back on. i again scanned her and i got some other code P1502? i forgot what it was but it said there was a shortage in the air/fuel ratio wire. the wires had come loose from where i installed my A/F ratio gauge. fixed that and so far no check engine light! drove her around for a half hour. could this have been the cause of my idle problem? i also wasted a whole lot more fuel this week than any other week. thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
thank you everyone!
well i decided to check the sensor today to make sure it was on tight and not melting and it was fine. so i started her up again and the engine light came back on. i again scanned her and i got some other code P1502? i forgot what it was but it said there was a shortage in the air/fuel ratio wire. the wires had come loose from where i installed my A/F ratio gauge. fixed that and so far no check engine light! drove her around for a half hour. could this have been the cause of my idle problem? i also wasted a whole lot more fuel this week than any other week. thanks again everyone!
Was that part of you cold air intake? If so yes it could have been your problem!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.