Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name's Wyatt. I'm from Lincoln Nebraska! i've owned my mustang for a little over a year and i love it! I'm getting a little tired of having the sixxer so i might be putting a 302 in next summer.:D

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:kooky: Welcome to AFM. :yup: Why a 302? I really regret not building a 351 windsor stroked out to a 408. It cost about the same as building a stroked 347 only right from the get go it has a stronger block that can handle more horse power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have easy access to a cheap 302 out of a Foxbody, and i already have a cam and intake for it, so i figured since i have that stuff already for it, i might as well put it in my car!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Welcome to AFM! should go good with built 302 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome aboard:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :D Anyone know of a good write up on installation of a 302 into the new edge V6's? I cannot seem to find a good on anywhere..

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have easy access to a cheap 302 out of a Foxbody, and i already have a cam and intake for it, so i figured since i have that stuff already for it, i might as well put it in my car!
Good luck with the install. It will be easiest if you go with a carb instead of injection. I am pretty sure none of the computer and wiring are not direct plug in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it would be a carb'd set up if i decide to go through with it. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and i just don't know if i want to throw all the money into putting the engine in there. I need to get a job (that's the biggest part) to fund it. It'd be a lot of fun to be able to work on my car and see how everything works, but i dunno if i want to take the time to do that, or go out and buy a new edge GT. It wont be for a while till i get the money to do that, but i'm just planning ahead for the future and what not.

I need to tune up my car and get stuff replaced as it is right now anyways, 123k and it has everything stock on it. I don't think it's had a spark plug change, coil change, anything. I think the only thing that i KNOW that's been replaced is the brake pads.. lol. My brother didn't care much about this car i don't think. I'm glad he takes better care of his 97' cobra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts