Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wass up guys, what great forum you have? I am a big Mustang fan. I own a Mustang V6 2001, and I am really enoying it since it is my first car. I could not afford buying a V8 one because I am college student, and there are lots of bills to take care of:sosad: last summer, I added a dual exhaust to it the sound is great, and you can't tell now whether it is a V6 or V8.
Now I have question for you, I don't like the tires size on my V6, and I am planning to install 18"tires with chrome bullets rims, what do you think, Is my mustang going to look great, and if anyone has a picture of a V6 having an 18" tires could you please post it.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
delta7 said:
Wass up guys, what great forum you have? I am a big Mustang fan. I own a Mustang V6 2001, and I am really enoying it since it is my first car. I could not afford buying a V8 one because I am college student, and there are lots of bills to take care of:sosad: last summer, I added a dual exhaust to it the sound is great, and you can't tell now whether it is a V6 or V8.
Now I have question for you, I don't like the tires size on my V6, and I am planning to install 18"tires with chrome bullets rims, what do you think, Is my mustang going to look great, and if anyone has a picture of a V6 having an 18" tires could you please post it.
Going that big is going to suck all the torque from the car. take the $1000+ dollars for 18" spend $500 for 17"ers, and use the extra funds to get underdriver pulleys, a cold air intake, and save for a chip.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
delta7 said:
Oh! Welcome to AFM, BTW!

:happyhapp

·
Registered
315 Posts
kscoyote said:
Going that big is going to suck all the torque from the car. take the $1000+ dollars for 18" spend $500 for 17"ers, and use the extra funds to get underdriver pulleys, a cold air intake, and save for a chip.
Hows 18 gonna kill the torque ? (hehe im such a auto noob) i was thinking of getting the 18 bullit wheels but if thats the case ill just go with the 17's deep dish..

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
Venom810 said:
Hows 18 gonna kill the torque ? (hehe im such a auto noob) i was thinking of getting the 18 bullit wheels but if thats the case ill just go with the 17's deep dish..
extra weight from both the wheel AND the tire + more rotational mass by virtue of a longer distance from the centerline of the wheel to the outside of the rim.

Even if you were to get a wheel that weighed the same amount as your 16" wheels, the rotational mass increases.

Try swinging two bats of different lengths but the SAME weight, you'll find it's harder to swing the longer bat.

You can offset this some by going with lighter rotors and SUPER-light 3 piece racing wheels that are significantly lighter, but then you're talking about thousands of dollars

·
Registered
315 Posts
kscoyote said:
extra weight from both the wheel AND the tire + more rotational mass by virtue of a longer distance from the centerline of the wheel to the outside of the rim.

Even if you were to get a wheel that weighed the same amount as your 16" wheels, the rotational mass increases.

Try swinging two bats of different lengths but the SAME weight, you'll find it's harder to swing the longer bat.

You can offset this some by going with lighter rotors and SUPER-light 3 piece racing wheels that are significantly lighter, but then you're talking about thousands of dollars
THanks for the info ... them 17's are looking puuurtier all ready :eyepoppin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.