Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2002 mustang with 22000 km on it and i love it ! the car has an after market exhaust on it ( sorry not sure what kind yet ) and i have been thinking about putting on a cold air intake and a underdrive pulley kit . My question is would i really notice that much of a difference in power by doing just these simple mods ? thanks in advance for all your input .:eyepoppin

·
Registered
982 Posts
sddunn said:
I just bought a 2002 mustang with 22000 km on it and i love it ! the car has an after market exhaust on it ( sorry not sure what kind yet ) and i have been thinking about putting on a cold air intake and a underdrive pulley kit . My question is would i really notice that much of a difference in power by doing just these simple mods ? thanks in advance for all your input .:eyepoppin
With the cold air intake you will not really notice the difference, but the pulleys you will... i think you should go with the 42% reduce from RPMoutlet, they are the only ones that have the 42% that i know of

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
sddunn said:
ud's will definitely help, a bunch, if you go CAI, go with a DeMolet, JLT, or K&N. Once the metal ones warm up, they ar eno better than a drop-in filter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought that 42% was to much does that still give you enough power to run the alt and ac still ? and thanks for the advice on the cai :worship

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
sddunn said:
i thought that 42% was to much does that still give you enough power to run the alt and ac still ? and thanks for the advice on the cai :worship
I'm running everything + a 240 watt head unit and a professional MMATS 4070 amp.

The accessories were built for vehicles as large a Windstar with cooling, sound system + video, ac/dc converter for laptops, etc., etc., etc.,

the Mustang isn't nearly as power intensive. You may have some problems if you decide to have a high output head unit + 2 or more amps and a couple of subs, but you'd still make a LOT more power if you put an overdrive pulley on the alternator with the underdrive pulleys.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do the underdrive pulley kits come with the overdrive pulley for the alt ? and were did you get your kit from
thanks again for all the input

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
sddunn said:
do the underdrive pulley kits come with the overdrive pulley for the alt ? and were did you get your kit from
thanks again for all the input
No, you have to get the overdrive separately, it's offered by ASP.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what does it mean it will not work on oem balancer ?you have to remove the balancer no ? thanks again i really appreciate your help

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
sddunn said:
what does it mean it will not work on oem balancer ?you have to remove the balancer no ? thanks again i really appreciate your help
the crank pulley is on the balancer, so you have to pull the balancer for the ud pulley.

The alternator overdrive pulley fits on the alternator.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
sddunn said:
k i found this one, would this be it or am i looking to get the other set

https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/search/view.php?msg_id=2119
I wouldn't get the water pump pulley if you do a lot of city driving . ..

the reason it's asking for whether or not you want the balancer is dependent on whether or not you already have an ASP 25% underdrive pulley, in which case you only have to unbolt 3 bolts and replace the pulley.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Venom810 said:
k since thats the right underdrive pulley would this be the overdrive pully i would need for the Alty. https://www.rpmoutlet.com/ezRetail/search/view.php?msg_id=256 ?? and if it is would i need anything else special ? silencer , serpentine belt ? ect. thanks
Yeah, I didn't know RPM offered it. That's it.

The new belt for your underdrive should fit, the tensioner should be able to accomodate the relatively short increase in diameter for the OD alt. pulley.

·
Registered
315 Posts
sddunn said:
does rpm carry the belt for this ?
you can pick up the belt at any auto zone or take it into any ford dealership and theyll hook it up for you ... hope that helps

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
sddunn said:
does rpm carry the belt for this ?
yeah, it's $20, you can find it cheaper, if you can ge tthe part number . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.