Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as we can see, the last GA topic was WAY outdated. I was wondering if there are any good mustang clubs or people out there that would like to meet up. I live in Hoschton GA near Road Atlanta (NOT Atlanta Motor Speedway). I love to Drag Race so I am at Commerce quite often and do not see any new mustangs up there.

Or just anyone with a good looking Mustang want to hang out. Maybe we can get a big group of us one day/night and go out somewhere. Anyone interested?? lmk. [email protected] Also looking for a club to join or if some1 would like, we could create a club. I was with a serious Import Club with my old car and watched and learned about being a P. and a VP. The goods, bads, do's, don't's, etc.. Anyone interested in meeting up and discussing more about this, hit me up also. 706-654-7774. Later.

-Ant.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like maybe a plan. I'm in Marietta...
Most of the clubs that I have hung out with are either much older than I am (I'm 30) and we have nothing in common (they want to talk about the grandkids) or they are too young and it's all about street racing. I can't seem to find a happy medium.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean. I've been searching everywhere for a good club. I would like to start my own if possible. My last club was VERY serious, but then the Pres. started letting everyone in and it became like a hand-me-down club. Do you have anyone other friends with mustangs or beautiful cars? Do you have any pics of your ride?

-Ant.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Clubs

There are quite a few clubs in North Georgia, as well as a couple on the coast.

www.atlantamustangclub.com (the Georgia Regional Mustang Club) is centered in Marietta, has about 200 members (40 or so show up for the average monthly business meeting - over 100 cars at our last show at Bleakley Ford a few weeks back). We're planning an overnight road trip to check out the Covered Bridges of north Alabama (any excuse for a road trip).

Dues are $20 or $25 per year (don't remember, exactly). www.mca.org (Mustang Club of America) has a long list of clubs under their Regional Clubs heading. I know there's a good sized black Atlanta stang club; one called Tara that's also an mca club, and several others I can't remember off hand.

You can contact us through our web site. Our average age is probably 35-40, though we also have some young folks and old fogies. Nice people, easy going, and not particularly hung up on rules and restrictions to make it hard to join the club.

I like it. Maybe you guys would too.

tripleblack

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. i will check those out. I probably won't join that one club. I am looking for a small club. 10-20 serious members. Like to have a good club with serious members, more like a family than a club. That is how my last one was and it was great. Thanks for the sites and I will checking those out!!

-Anthony

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the mca.org. That isn't correct. It went to a Mechanics United thing. i'll try ang google for it.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Sorry about that

Sorry for the sour site - this is the right one:

http://www.mustang.org/regional_clubs.cfm

I know better.

The actual "core" of hardworking members of our new group is about 20 families (usual attendance at meetings and cruizes is about 30 people).

Most members are inactive types that show up every once in a while and make an appearance at the 2 or 3 large shows we host each year.

If you want to come by one of our meetings, check out the web site and it will give you time, place and directions. If you are coming, let me know with a pm or something. No hard feelings and no commitments if you don't want to join afterwards...

tripleblack

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a very outdated website with pics, but she doesn't even look like that anymore.
mustanggt.stangnet.com
I keep saying that I'm going to update it...

I've met up with GRMC before a few times. Very nice people, but honestly, they were the ones talking about the grandkids. Maybe I just caught them at the wrong times.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
New news

The GRMC has recently merged with a larger club, the Atlanta Mustang Club. This was done because the Atlatna club could not get sanctioned by the MCA due to our overlapping with GRMC, and also because the 2 clubs both had something to offer. The GRMC has a long history of putting on shows - knowledge of same - and the important MCA sanction (without this, insurance for events becomes a very big deal).

The Atlanta club is composed of a lot of new blood - people that come from a very diverse background.

Check out the website and see if you want to come to a meeting or one of the events. We've rented the Talladega road course for a day (Oct 8, I believe), and we'll be going there to try out our cars, etc. Trip is planned to loop through northern Alabama weekend of Nov 5 (overniter with hotel stay), spotting (of all things) covered bridges. If nothing else, we'll have a good road trip and probably some first class photo ops. We're also planning a trip up North to see some waterfalls, probably around the time the color changes in the N. Georgia mountains. We're also slated for a private tour of Panoz Racing (Nov 12, I believe), and a group of us will be going to one of the SVO track events as well.

www.atlantamustangclub.com is the new site - check it out.

tripleblack

mustanggt said:
I have a very outdated website with pics, but she doesn't even look like that anymore.
mustanggt.stangnet.com
I keep saying that I'm going to update it...

I've met up with GRMC before a few times. Very nice people, but honestly, they were the ones talking about the grandkids. Maybe I just caught them at the wrong times.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello Tripleblack
which one are you in the grmc? I am in the grmc, I was a atlanta mustang club member. I have the red 02 svt lighting and now a burgundy 99 v6 stang.
The john bleakley show did turn out good with the weather factor involved. Any of the guys that live near atlanta that are looking to join a club should join the grmc it is a good club.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been looking for a club to join as well, I live in Newnan, GA and work in Smyrna. I have been here two years, I need to learn other areas of Atlanta in order to find reputable performance shops, ect. I will probably check out the Georgia Regional Mustang Club, but I am trying to find a smaller group. Will there be a club meeting on 9/18/05?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
GRMC Meeting 9-19 at 3pm

Yes, the club meeting will be held at Williams BBQ located on Hwy 120 about a block from the Big Chicken. Folks start getting there about 2:30, and the meeting starts at 3pm.

Everyone welcome. Check out the website at www.atlantamustangclub.com for more info and other events.

tripleblack

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey maxx_casey where by in newnan. i live in palmetto. i hang out sometimes with http://xfoa.net/. we just had a dyno day. :cool: and sometimes i hang out with http://blackmustangclub.com/ i try to get out as much as possible.. drags, shows, any events going on. only been out to commerce a couple times this year and only twice to race. only reason for not coming out is cuz i have no wheels and tires to race with. i know the track will be closing soon cuz of winter, but ill have some dr ready for next year!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When/where does XFOA meet? Since niether of my mustangs are black, I don't think that club would be right for me.Hey Tripleblack, I went to the last meeting, and although I work up there it just seems too far, but if tat2darmygirl joins, I might have to reconsider.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
22 Posts
they meet every other week on tuesdays. in fayetteville Hotlanta wings. usually they all meet up in the parking lot and bs then munch on some wings.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Meeting

Sorry I missed the meeting - conflicted with a car show (I took Best of Class award) I had commited to up in Gwinnet county. Also sorry I missed tat2darmygirl, who sounds like someone I mentioned the club to here on afm. I can understand the aversion to long drives - you must get enough of that with your job commute.

Check out the mca national site (I can never remember the site - mustang.org, I think) for their regional club listings - there's the Tara club (north of atlanta area), and several others I'm less familiar with, as well as some clubs not affiliated with mca.

XFOA sounds interesting - I belong to the BMC already, though I've yet to make it to one of their events.

tripleblack

maxx_casey said:
When/where does XFOA meet? Since niether of my mustangs are black, I don't think that club would be right for me.Hey Tripleblack, I went to the last meeting, and although I work up there it just seems too far, but if tat2darmygirl joins, I might have to reconsider.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Svtoa

I understand that the SVTOA (also centered around north Atlanta) welcomes new members with SVT's OR just mustangs... Good group, I know some of their members - pretty serious about performance, for sure!

tripleblack

·
Registered
22 Posts
i believe there is a meet tonight @ hotlanta wings in fayeteville. just thought id let u guys know if u decide to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, i just moved up here to powder springs from tampa FL. i drive a 2000 white V6 with a cobra front bumper and a set of white cobra R wheels. i am a member of MMNA and i was also in a small club back home maybe 20 of us. i would love to have that same kind of club here 10-20 people that are very close. if anyone is interested it helping me start it please let me know.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts