Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rattle can man
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any upgrades coming their way???
I just ordered two Corbeau racing seats and brackets with a harness bar and rear seat delete. I’m going to paint the harness bar to match the cars exterior!! Super stoked!!
Any suggestions on seat belt / harnesses???

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
I just ordered two Corbeau racing seats and brackets with a harness bar and rear seat delete. I’m going to paint the harness bar to match the cars exterior!! Super stoked!!
Why did you do that? Are you going to enter in races that require a harness? I know this sounds tacky but it’s going to be worse in every possible way. The list of cons far outweigh the pros this time. It’s going to be uncomfortable, the value will take a big hit, and it will still be slow. You won’t even be able to get a burger from a drive-through window workout getting unharnessed unless you’re wearing it incorrectly using just one strap. One of the advertised “pros” for racing seats and a rear seat delete is weight savings. But it’s not going to be light enough to make a difference. When I was getting my seats reupholstered I rode around with just the drivers seat some. I couldn’t tell one bit of difference as far as speed and performance goes, and no seats weigh less than racing seats and a seat delete kit.
To each his own as far as styling goes I know, but function over form is pretty important too. Good luck and maybe invest in some backbeads.
It’s a dead horse at this point I know but your stock HO intake is choking the life out of your GT40 heads. We’re talking double digit horsepower numbers here even if you used an intake from a Ford Explorer.

·
Rattle can man
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the way they look. I also don’t ever drive the car more than maybe 30 miles at a time and that’s about twice a month to car shows.
I’m not interested in going through all the intake swap just for maybe 9-11hp increase. My nitrous kit is being delivered in a few days so when needed I can crank out the extra 150hp as desired.

·
Administrator
13,320 Posts
Enjoy your new seats.

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
I like the way they look. I also don’t ever drive the car more than maybe 30 miles at a time and that’s about twice a month to car shows.
I’m not interested in going through all the intake swap just for maybe 9-11hp increase. My nitrous kit is being delivered in a few days so when needed I can crank out the extra 150hp as desired.
9-11 increase? Try more like 30. I wouldn’t have said “choking the life out of” if it was only 11. I gained 18 rear horsepower by only porting the stock lower manifold. Mine has the wheezing stock heads too. So if the stock intake is choking down the stock heads imagine what it’s doing to a set of heads that flow more than the stock ones? You’ll get more out of your nitrous kit if you had a manifold that could keep up with the heads. Power will be picked up all throughout the rpm range. Imagine if you put a manifold from a chevy truck onto your old ‘95 Z28. That’s kind of what you have going on now. Your cylinder heads can probably make power up to around 6k rpm but the stock manifold runs out of breath around 4K rpm. You’re not going to get your full “150 shot” if the power falls off at 4K.
Look at this. They are using cylinder heads that outflow yours so the numbers won’t be this high, but look at the power gap between the stock HO and the rest. Those are huge numbers. 5.0 Engine Intake Comparison - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

These are my graphs for my ‘95 GT. The 205 horsepower graph is with the stock intake. See how it takes a big dump at 4K? Heck even before really. The 223 horsepower graph is after the lower intake was ported. It’s kind of a crappy graph and they listed it in mph instead of rpm, so it’s hard to tell at what rpm it falls off. The 334 horsepower graph is after adding a supercharger kit and still using the stock ported lower manifold. See how the power is still building at and past 4K rpm? The stock intake manifold is suffocating you.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anybody have any upgrades coming their way???
More upgrades than I would like coming/here lol.

Racequip makes good belts if you are looking

·
Rattle can man
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More upgrades than I would like coming/here lol.

Racequip makes good belts if you are looking
What are their prices like? I usually buy from American Muscle but they are getting too pricey.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What are their prices like? I usually buy from American Muscle but they are getting too pricey.
American Muscle is a good company if you know what you want, but they don't offer the best of everything. Racequip equipment in general is very common to find in the racing world. The dollar you spend for quality is pretty good imo. It really depends on the belt/setup you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts