Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wanted to let you all know my improvements from just a pair of Mickey Thompson ET streets. (26x11.5x15) I went to the track on street tires and this is what my time slip looked like
60'____2.243
1/8___9.477
1/4___14.148
mph___106.54

I got some jegs rims and some et streets (not the radials) and this is what it looks like now
60'___1.684
1/8___8.099
1/4___12.668
MPH___107.43
Felt amazing launching at 5000 rpm and hooking up. Also, I started with my tires at 12psi and it was EXTREMELY floaty and unstable once i hit 80 mph. I couldn't even make a full pass because i thought i was gonna crash. I aired them up to 20psi then gradually got down to 15psi and it was stable enough to make a good pass and get a good 60' time.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Hey guys just wanted to let you all know my improvements from just a pair of Mickey Thompson ET streets. (26x11.5x15) I went to the track on street tires and this is what my time slip looked like
60'____2.243
1/8___9.477
1/4___14.148
mph___106.54

I got some jegs rims and some et streets (not the radials) and this is what it looks like now
60'___1.684
1/8___8.099
1/4___12.668
MPH___107.43
Felt amazing launching at 5000 rpm and hooking up. Also, I started with my tires at 12psi and it was EXTREMELY floaty and unstable once i hit 80 mph. I couldn't even make a full pass because i thought i was gonna crash. I aired them up to 20psi then gradually got down to 15psi and it was stable enough to make a good pass and get a good 60' time.
Congratz,amazing how good tires and wheels can perform. Which Jegs rims did you get. I think 15 psi is just about perfect for those tires,depending on weather conditions. Pics are a must,this may get moved to the drag racing section . Just saying...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jegs pn 555-67077. They are meant for foxbodies with the 5 lug conversion. An earlier forum said that these would fit without shaving any brake caliper and withouth spacers. Well i had to shave a tiny bit off my brakes and i used 5/16" spacers and it was all good. For $125 each i was happy. Also they weight about half as much as my street wheels and tires.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Jegs pn 555-67077. They are meant for foxbodies with the 5 lug conversion. An earlier forum said that these would fit without shaving any brake caliper and withouth spacers. Well i had to shave a tiny bit off my brakes and i used 5/16" spacers and it was all good. For $125 each i was happy. Also they weight about half as much as my street wheels and tires.
They say alot of things. LOL I took a body shop grinder to mine and it took at least 15 minutes on each side grinding away. I have the same ones up front. I got Bogarts out back . I love this set up .

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea its a sweet setup i can launch at 6k and my car just goes. Crazy how just some et streets can drop 1.5 seconds. what size skinnies you run up front? (wheel and tire size)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think I am going with M/T next. Any plans on going to Fontana on Oct 30?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no man I was in the marines since 2006 i got out this year in may i now live near chicago about 20 minutes from Great Lakes Dragway in wisconsin. Finally a 1/4 mile around me lol

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
no man I was in the marines since 2006 i got out this year in may i now live near chicago about 20 minutes from Great Lakes Dragway in wisconsin. Finally a 1/4 mile around me lol
For some reason I thought you lived in San Diego.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
yea its a sweet setup i can launch at 6k and my car just goes. Crazy how just some et streets can drop 1.5 seconds. what size skinnies you run up front? (wheel and tire size)
Sure is, I run 15x 4.5 wheels. The tires are 195/65r/15 they are high speed tires. I love the fronts a lot. My rears are 15 x10`s (Bogarts).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.