Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've parked my car for the winter to keep it from the Chicago salt and have some projects in mind. The first is a new tranny. I've got a lot done to my car (specs in my sig), the only problem is I have a factory tranny with 140k on it that I don't expect to last too much longer. It is starting to whine louder all the time and at idle I can hear a slight knocking until I step on the clutch. But anyways, I am thinking about a tremec 6-speed but really have not researched trannys a whole lot.

I would rather not spend more than $1500 on a new tranny/clutch setup, and probably won't be going north of 400hp in the near future as it is a daily driver with a little bit of track time here and there.

So just shout out some good opinions on trannys and what you guys think is best cause I know this is the best place to find out which is the best to get. I also do have plans of doing so more modding in the future, ie supercharger.

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
The T-56 is beefy unit but you aint gonna find one for 1500. So the tremec six gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
yea go with the tremec tko 500 or 600. i think the 500 is what came stock in the 95 cobra R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.