Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting nitrous on my 06 gt. ill have to get a new tune for that right? ive already got a bama tune for my current mods, will i have to pay for a new tune? and will my car only be running at optimal condition when im feeding it the juice?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
im thinking of getting nitrous on my 06 gt. ill have to get a new tune for that right? ive already got a bama tune for my current mods, will i have to pay for a new tune? and will my car only be running at optimal condition when im feeding it the juice?

Only way to know for sure is to get a dyno tune.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Doug will give you a 75or 100 shot tune free of charge. Just call or email him. That is if you purchased the tuner from him. You will need 1 stage colder plugs also. I run my nitrous tune on the street , no issues.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I can't stress enough to squeeze on the dyno. The "recommended" jetting on my car on nitrous put me in a unsafe A/F ratio. I had to jump up 2 fuel jet sizes to get the proper A/F ratio. Even if someone writes you a tune...always check it. It's not worth going boom to save a few dollars.

For plugs...if you have a pre 2008 Mustang run the HT0's. There is no need to regap unless you plan on running more than a 125 shot. The risks to go above a 125 shot are not worth it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
YES do get a dyno run and if you are lean go up on the jetting. However I had mine checked and was right on from Doug. Amazing since my altitude is so high. I use Brisk silver racing 1 stage colder plugs. Brenspeed uses these , and I know they test everything they sell. Gap your plugs to .035. I always run a higher octane also. My tune is for 91 octane , so I get some 101 unleaded. I stress unleaded. I would recommend a A/F wideband and guage.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I can't stress enough to squeeze on the dyno. The "recommended" jetting on my car on nitrous put me in a unsafe A/F ratio. I had to jump up 2 fuel jet sizes to get the proper A/F ratio. Even if someone writes you a tune...always check it. It's not worth going boom to save a few dollars.

For plugs...if you have a pre 2008 Mustang run the HT0's. There is no need to regap unless you plan on running more than a 125 shot. The risks to go above a 125 shot are not worth it.
This is with E85 that you are running correct? {jummping up 2 fuel jets?} I agree always check the tune on a dyno. I was only charged 50.00 to check it out. I was a little afraid to even try it to be honest. I stood way back when they started it up. LOL:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have a NX plate system and love it and tillman hooked me up with a 125 shot tune. It was well worth it extra timing taken out and you bumping up a fuel jet easy the pefect couple of seconds.

And usually if you buy from the people that made your original tune they will rewrite it for no charge.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I have a NX plate system and love it and tillman hooked me up with a 125 shot tune. It was well worth it extra timing taken out and you bumping up a fuel jet easy the pefect couple of seconds.

And usually if you buy from the people that made your original tune they will rewrite it for no charge.
Do you know if they put in colder plugs and what gap they set them at? Bottle heater is a must also for good pressure. I am adding a nano bottle to keep more juice flowing.Travelers swears by Tillman`s so they must have done the job right. Keep an eye out on the plugs, check them a lot. Not sure I would ever go past 100 shot without a forged bottom. I know there are guys spraying 150 shots all the time no problems. I just am not comfortable going past 100 shot on the stock bottom. I am looking at a livernoise Nitrouse block with nitrous pistons. RicK says it can take up to a 300 shot. WOW:happyhapp

·
Registered
710 Posts
This was actually on Gasoline. NX recommended a 31 fuel jet for a 100 shot. This put me at 14.8 A/F ratio. I had to run a 33 fuel jet to get me at 12.0 across the board. NX "recommended" jetting is for a bone stock mustang. I've yet to see a bone stoke mustang on Nitrous.

I just about p00ped when I saw how lean the car was.

This is with E85 that you are running correct? {jummping up 2 fuel jets?} I agree always check the tune on a dyno. I was only charged 50.00 to check it out. I was a little afraid to even try it to be honest. I stood way back when they started it up. LOL:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I already had plugs

Do you know if they put in colder plugs and what gap they set them at? Bottle heater is a must also for good pressure. I am adding a nano bottle to keep more juice flowing.Travelers swears by Tillman`s so they must have done the job right. Keep an eye out on the plugs, check them a lot. Not sure I would ever go past 100 shot without a forged bottom. I know there are guys spraying 150 shots all the time no problems. I just am not comfortable going past 100 shot on the stock bottom. I am looking at a livernoise Nitrouse block with nitrous pistons. RicK says it can take up to a 300 shot. WOW:happyhapp
I already had one stage colder plugs and decided to get read of my BH and trade it for two high power torc tanks they work faster to get to the psi I want.

I have been debting getting a water meth kit and tuning for a 150 shot but its up in the air.

If I do I will be in the 11's for sure if I get the cams I will probaly stay 125 but hey I wish it was a common occurence for people to spray 150 shot on these cars stock bottm end.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
^ That would be nice to be able to spray that much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.