Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a website where they make tunes that focus on higher rpm's? (not bama obviously)

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Registered
11,742 Posts
i would think any of the tunists would write a tune for what you are looking for. thats what they do :) call tillmans and ask. i think they try to do that anyway, to get the highest rpm per gear.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll do that because the Bama tune focuses on lower RPMs which my car's tires can't handle that much power on the lower end

·
Registered
302 Posts
Correction:

While I am not sayin BAMA BAMA BAMA, I would like to make sure we are all well informed:bigthumbsup

Yes, ONE of his tunes works on the low end.

1. The Torque tune, works on low end.

2. The Performance tune, works on the high end.

3. The Race Tune, works throughout the entire RPM band.

:bigthumbsup

I almost when with the Performance tune, but I wanted to just go nuts, so I got the Race tune.:laugh:

The Torque and Performance programs differ in the range they are aimed at for making power. The Torque is more so a daily driver program that focuses in on the 1500-3500 rpm's band. In order to do so well in that range though it does give up a few HP up top and this is why I break it apart from my Performance adjustments. The Performance program is aimed at more of a 3000rpm and up rpm band focusing in more on the top end horsepower and all out performance driving. This is a great track tune but also works well daily driven.
The Race tune will further enhance the drivability of your new Mustang. Using the highest grade of fuel available in your area I can write a tune that will bring the throttle response to life. Enough so that I wouldn't recommend it for daily driving use as it may try to jump out from a stop and possibly even spin the tires. This wouldn't be good if you were beside a police car. One of the true benefits of this tune is that it doesn't increase the timing or reduce the fuel so it can be used with only the premium grade fuel available in your area. Finally with the automatics I use an entirely new shifting curve and torque converter scheduling to further enhance the all out performance of the car.
All of my programs are safe to use for daily driving unless we agree on doing something otherwise.:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Stang Guy for your very detailed response

I have Bama 93 race right now, and yes, gas mileage is embarrasing lol but its worth the thrill. I'm in college so I don't drive THAT much and I am in a city so each destination is 10-15 minutes MAX
I get about 10-12 mpg city, 22 highway (with full car of luggage)

I think I am going to try Bama 93 performance to get a different feel for my car

·
Registered
302 Posts
So you lost on gas too?

lol I coupled mine with 4.10s and get about 200 miles flat..

I didn't know if it was just the 4.10s or if bama's race tune hurt too.

cause as things are now, I need a new tune to be "stock" not looking for improvement, just to have an accurate 4.10 set speedo and run my CAI, cause this 200+ for gas a month is killin my MOD money:shigrin

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
10-12 mpg sounds like you need to keep your foot out of it! lol, that is pitiful for a v6. i have 4.10's, 200 lbs of sand in my trunk, and the 93 race tune form bama, and i get around 15-16

·
Registered
302 Posts
I used to.
Maybe it's just that 90% of my driving is from a dead start..my engine warms up about the time I kill it.
Everyone knows you get sh*t for mileage when the motor is cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.