Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won't be for everyone and I don't care. Finally purchased and installed the Steeda wing. Yes, its different from the typical GT500 swap but that's just another reason I decided to go with it. Went with black to match the deck lid. Most likely will end up painting the winglets on the end in Sterling Grey to match the car but for now I am happy. It looks super aggressive from all angles IMO. With the Stillen splitter up front, it brings that "race car" look I was going for.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
looks good to me :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
100 Posts
A little bit bigger than I would personally go, but it looks pretty good. The stock one is just too small and barely noticeable, a new spoiler makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
356 Posts
A little bit bigger than I would personally go, but it looks pretty good. The stock one is just too small and barely noticeable, a new spoiler makes a huge difference.
It's all about personalization! I have never seen that Wing on any Car. I think it looks Unique and painting the ends would make it even more unique. If you love it then it is right! When I chose Rims for mine I searched for over a month looking for wheels I had never seen on a Mustang. Finally found wheels I liked that were unique and bought them. Never seen them on any other Mustang since either.
You made a good choice.coolthumb.gif

Hypnotoad. I clicked the quote by mistake! Oops

·
Registered
808 Posts
Kinda looks like the Boss 302R's. Painting the ends will look good.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks. Yeah that factory spoiler is worthless when it comes to finishing off the looks of the back of the car. I think the pictures are a little deceiving in its size. It sits lower than the GT/CS pedestal wing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda looks like the Boss 302R's. Painting the ends will look good.

Definitely want to get them done soon. Hopefully I won't have to pay for an absurd amount of paint just to do two small parts.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Actually I like it with the sides unpainted. Matches your gas cap.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
100 Posts
When I chose Rims for mine I searched for over a month looking for wheels I had never seen on a Mustang. Finally found wheels I liked that were unique and bought them. Never seen them on any other Mustang since either.
Wish I could do that. I don't realize I like something until I see it on someone elses car. Can't visualize very well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Can you put up a couple less "artsy" pictures? Would like to see some regular height and angle shots from the side and rear. I've been eyeballing this one as well and just can't decide if it is too much for me. I think it looks pretty good with the color of your car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you put up a couple less "artsy" pictures? Would like to see some regular height and angle shots from the side and rear. I've been eyeballing this one as well and just can't decide if it is too much for me. I think it looks pretty good with the color of your car.

Thanks. I'm very pleased with it. I was on the fence about whether or not it would be too much also. I think it's just right. Not too wide or too tall. I can take a few more pictures tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks. I'm very pleased with it. I was on the fence about whether or not it would be too much also. I think it's just right. Not too wide or too tall. I can take a few more pictures tomorrow for you.

I like this wing, it looks good on your car. It actually creates some down force at speed, unlike the spoiler on our GT'S. Like you, I have a front spoiler and want to counter balance it, with this wing. I imagine it was a pain to take your spoiler off and drill a couple of new holes to mount the wing. Did you use plugs to fill in the old bolt holes?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I agree with posting some more standard angle pictures. It's hard to get an accurate feeling for what it looks like. That said, I think it looks pretty damn aggressive. Painting the ends sterling gray will look sharp.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with posting some more standard angle pictures. It's hard to get an accurate feeling for what it looks like. That said, I think it looks pretty damn aggressive. Painting the ends sterling gray will look sharp.
I have a few more pictures I can upload. Ever since I installed it the weather has been so crappy I havent been able to keep the car clean long enough to get out the good camera and take some better quality shots. Hoping in the next day or so I can do that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are a few more normal angles. Hoping the weather clears up in the coming days to get the real camera out.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like this wing, it looks good on your car. It actually creates some down force at speed, unlike the spoiler on our GT'S. Like you, I have a front spoiler and want to counter balance it, with this wing. I imagine it was a pain to take your spoiler off and drill a couple of new holes to mount the wing. Did you use plugs to fill in the old bolt holes?
Yeah, removing the factory spoiler was a pain. Very time consuming. To be honest, I did not drill the two holes that require drilling. Unlike the factory spoiler that has studs extending down through the trunk, this wing has bolts that you put in through the trunk and screw into the spoiler. I took the two that required drilling out, and replaced them with a hefty amount of 3M double sided tape similar to what holds the factory spoiler on. I do plan on eventually taking it back off and drilling the two additional holes. As far as plugs go, I picked up some plastic plugs from Home Depot to use in the two outer holes left from the factory.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts